PDA

View Full Version : Urgh! Bad customer service from Babystyle.com

rosaphile
02-19-2003, 02:41 PM
This is partly my fault, but I'm ticked with Babystyle right now!

I ordered the Combi Convenience 6630 stroller from them on Sunday - before I knew about the 20% off sale for President's Day! So I tried to call them that Monday morning to see if they would be so kind as to give me the discount anyway, or at least cancel my order so I could place it again and get the discount that way.

Well, after 45 minutes on hold, I finally gave up and left a voice mail message asking them to call me back. No one ever called me back. And now the stroller has shipped and it's too late to cancel, much less get the discount.

Has anyone else had bad service from them? I may just have to not shop there anymore....

kathsmom
02-19-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi, Lori!

I am so sorry to hear that you had bad service. I have ordered once from them. I ordered the Mommy Tote by Belly Basics from them. When it arrived, it seemed like it was made of heavier material than the one I had seen at Nordstrom (I ordered it from babycenter.com, because the only Mommy Tote they had at Nordstrom had hot pink handles, and I have a son! They had one in all black at babycenter.com). It also had some other design changes which I didn't care for, so I decided to send it back. The customer service department e-mailed me promptly with a return code to include with my return shipment.

I also e-mailed customer service very late one evening to ask if there had been design changes to the Mommy Tote and that I was not just imagining it. The next morning, they had e-mailed me back with the answers. I had one more question and e-mailed them and they responded withing about 2-3 hours.

I will probably order from them again, since I had such a positive experience, but I can certainly understand your hesitation to continue to do business with them. Have you tried e-mailing them? They might respond quicker and they may go ahead and give you a refund for the discount on your credit card if you explain the situation to them.

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

whoppi
02-19-2003, 03:40 PM
I would try to contact them again via email and phone to see what they can do regarding a discount.
If you have no success you can refuse the delivery of the stroller when it arrives and not pay the credit card charge.

sntm
02-19-2003, 06:14 PM
This was last year, when they were still really new, but I emailed them after items I ordered went on sale and explained that I would certainly be a repeat customer if treated right and they credited me the difference. And I'll echo others (Sandy? Rachel?) who always says to mention you are an avid poster on the message boards and lots of other mommies and daddies are waiting to see how they handle it.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03