PDA

View Full Version : Rachel, are you still loving your healthy back bag?

gour0
02-19-2003, 05:13 PM
I haven't bought myself a diaper bag yet, but this looks like a good one. I know it isn't officially a diaper bag, but I'm not hung up on that. The twill one is 66% off at Sierra trading post. I'm seriously contemplating this bag, even though it is only available in taupe. :( I can't really justify getting the microfiber one for $54 when the twill one is $29.... even if I do like the burgundy color!

COElizabeth
02-19-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm not Rachel, but I have the nylon Healthy Back Baby Bag (the diaper bag version of the Healthy Back bags). I love all the compartments and the fact that it's machine washable. I do occasionally wish I had a backpack because the strap sometimes falls off if I am bending down to pick up the infant carrier, etc. Overall I like the bag, though. I haven't seen the non-diaper bag ones inside, but the specifically baby things on mine are the changing pad and the wet/dirty duds bag inside and the bottle pocket on the outside. HTH.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Rachels
02-19-2003, 09:17 PM
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!! It's fabulous.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

gour0
02-19-2003, 11:44 PM
What size, fabric do you have?

Rachels
02-20-2003, 10:26 AM
I have what must be the small or medium size in microfiber. The store where I got it only had 2 sizes. I'll measure it. It holds a LOT. I do like the microfiber, but I saw the twill and it would be perfectly fine, I think.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
02-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I have a small, microfiber Healthy Back Bag that I've never used as a diaper bag (great idea!!). I use it when we go on trips where we'll be doing lots of walking, subway riding, etc. It is a terrific bag! I've crammed it full (to give you an idea of what it holds) with a camera, sunglasses, a guidebook, a lightweight jacket, a cellphone, money, credit cards, small gifts purchased during the day, toiletries like handy wipes & hand lotion, and keys. The pockets are beyond fabulous! There's a place for everything. I let my mom borrow it for a recent trip to London and she loved it, too. She has a bad back and gets back/neck/shoulder pain and she said it didn't bother her at all. Hope this helps! I'd love to know where to acquire the diaper bag version of the HBB!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

parkersmama
02-20-2003, 11:32 AM
I did a little searching and found several sites that sell them. This one isn't the best price but it shows the inside details of the Healthy Back Baby Bag for anyone who is interested. http://www.ameribag.com/products/baby.html#

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000

COElizabeth
02-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Denise,

The Right Start sells it, and there are several web sites that do as well. I did a Google search for "Healthy Back Baby Bag" and found it for $89 and free shipping at http://www.sitincomfort.com/healbacbagfr.html . This is the same price it sells for at The Right Start, and I didn't see anyplace selling it for less in my search, but I checked only a few sites. HTH.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

juliasdad
02-20-2003, 11:46 AM
This isn't about the "Baby" version, but:

A couple of years ago when DW and I were planning a trip to Europe, she was trying to figure out what kind of a purse to bring. I went out and got her a Healthy Back bag specifically for the trip; since then, it is the only bag she uses! They have great customer service, too; about a year after we bought it, the cellphone pocket inside began to separate at the seams. She gave them a call, and they sent a new bag out to her in almost no time.

-dan

TheMamaKath
02-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Try Avon. They have one in their catalog.

~The Mama Kath~

Mama to 2 awesome, amazing, adorable kids

Rachels
02-20-2003, 05:14 PM
I don't have the diaper bag version-- just the regular one, which works great! I put a changing pad in there, a bunch of diapers, wipes, toys, food, wallet, cell phone, keys, a new outfit-- whatever we need. The pockets are perfect for keeping things organized, and it holds SO much. The only thing you don't get with the regular bag is an insulated pocket, so that's a consideration. I find I don't really need one.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
02-20-2003, 05:47 PM
I found a site (posted as a reply further up) that showed a nice detailed pic of the inside of the baby bag. The version that I have is the small. Did you figure out if yours is the small or the medium? I'm not sure about being able to fit a changing pad & CDs in the one that I have. Maybe for short jaunts, though. I do really love all the great pockets. :-)

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000

Rachels
02-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Mine is the small, I think. We're using disposable diapers-- I'd go for a bigger bag for CDs.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
02-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks. I'm going to get mine out and see how it seems to fit. I sure do love that bag so maybe I can make it work for some occasions. All those pockets are just the greatest!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000

JerseyMom
02-21-2003, 01:59 PM
I am loving this bag and hoping it is going to fit my needs as my all day diaper bag! Thanks to this forum, I wouldn't have even know of such an interesting looking product.

I found it for a decent price, and still with choice of colors and free shipping now through Feb 23rd.

http://www.healthyback.com/store/traveling/ameribagbabybag.htm

Hope this helps someone else!

gour0
02-26-2003, 03:22 PM
just posted this separately, but they have these at Sierra Trading Post for an extra 20% off and free shipping thru FEB28.