PDA

View Full Version : Which two handled strollers can you push with one hand?

junior503
02-19-2003, 07:45 PM
It seems like a lot of the highly recommended "general purpose" strollers have two handles - Peg Pliko, Zooper Z Street, Inglesina Zippy, Mac Global.

Can any of these be effectively steered with one hand? Currently, I am leaning toward purchasing the Zooper Z Street since it seems like the best value and can be used with a Graco Snug Ride. So, comments on the steer-ability of the Zooper Z Street would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks!
Lisa
EDD 5/3/03

Momof3Labs
02-19-2003, 07:56 PM
The two-handled strollers with the best reputation for one-handed pushing are the Maclarens and the Chicco 2002. I believe that the Zippy is performing fairly admirably in this area, too. Some people feel that the Pliko does well, but I can say that it doesn't do as well as the Maclarens and Chicco.

One of the reasons for the two handles is a much smaller fold - single handled strollers fold like a lawn chair and take up more space, two-handled strollers usually (always?) fold umbrella-style.

caroliner
02-19-2003, 08:15 PM
I have a Mac Techno, it steers like a dream one handed. The Teutonia Swing, likewise. The Pliko is OK, nowhere near as nice and easy as the Mac.

hipmaman
02-19-2003, 11:20 PM
The Zooper Z-Street is okay one-handed, but the Macs and Chicco 2002 are best. The Pliko is almost impossible to manuever one-hand (unless you count a hand and a tummy for leverage on the other side!)

juliasdad
02-20-2003, 11:49 AM
The Macs are a dream one-handed. Our Kidco Finale is *almost* as easy. Pegs are famous for requiring two hands.

-dan

pamela mom of 3
02-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Yep, a pliko is pretty much a two hands on the wheel so-to-speak ;)
Z-street is pretty good, macs are better.......cannot comment on others as i don't own them!

I have found my mountain buggy's to be the best..but then that is another catagory :)