PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag opinions

Tanya
02-20-2003, 04:18 PM
Hi, I'm hoping to cloth diaper and I'm trying to figure out what diaper bag to get for short, less than one day trips (mall, grocery store, etc.).

From the Baby Bargains book, I read that LandsEnd and Eddie Bauer make good bags. I registered at Babies R Us and of course they don't carry Lands End, so I registered for the Eddie Bauer Metro Mini bag, but I wonder if it will be too small or not?? Also, Eddie Bauer doesn't carry that particular bag on their website, so I also wonder if the Babies R Us ones are as good of quality.
How does the Lands End Little Tripper compare in size and quality? Would it work for cloth diapers (they take up more room than disposables I assume)?

Thanks,
Tanya
edd 4/13/03

parkersmama
02-20-2003, 05:56 PM
I have a LE Little Tripper (older version) and although I've never used it with CD, I think it would be a little on the small side. Also, I've heard that the newer versions are even a little smaller. I'm planning to CD that baby that I'm expecting and have been gathering supplies. Based on what I'm seeing that I've ordered (Kissaluvs, ME Sandy's), I don't think I'll be using the little tripper any time soon! I also have a LE backpack and a LE do-it-all (both older versions) and they seem like they'd do a lot better with the CDs.

As for Eddie Bauer...I'm pretty sure that the diaper bags they put their name on at BRU and those places are not the ones that the Baby Bargains book was talking about. They aren't the same quality as the ones you order from their website or catalog. I think they are more like "licensed apparel" than actual EB made bags. I'm not sure about this but it's based on what I've seen around.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

egoldber
02-20-2003, 10:29 PM
When my DD was a newborn, I didn't feel comfortable with less than 5 diapers in the diaper bag. I easily carried the LE Little Tripper with her as a newborn, but that was with disposable diapers. With cloth diapers, the LE Little Tripper probably isn't large enough for a newborn. (I use cloth now.) I can easily use the LE Little Tripper
now, but I only need to carry 1-2 diapers for her when we go out.

I have not seen the exact bag you registered for, but something in size between a Little Tripper and a LE Do it All should be sufficient.

HTH,