PDA

View Full Version : InStep 10K Ultimate Jogging Stroller

JulieL
02-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Have any of you used this jogger? How would you rate it, for jogging purposes? I run sslloooowwww, about 10 miles an hour. I think it would suffice. Any thoughts? I would love to hear some pro's and con's on this jogger. THANKS!!!

sweetbasil
02-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Julie,
While I don't have the 10K, I did get the InStep Safari TT Single Stroller for Mother's Day last year, and was able to use it (once!) for rollerblading while DS was riding along. I broke my ankle in June, so it took a while before I could even walk again....after I was off crutches, we started walking (with DS in the stroller), and by October, I was able to jog again- I'm a slow runner, too. The draw for me was a swivel-front wheel, which was a lot easier to maneuver when rollerblading *and* going around corners. Probably the biggest drawback to it is (and this is pretty petty) the cupholders are a little small. It's tough to run AND keep my water bottle in place AND steer well all at once (clearly, though, I'm not the most coordinated gal around, or I never would've broken my ankle) :)

I didn't really look at many higher-priced jogging strollers, because I knew I'd probably be upgrading to a double jogging stroller within the next year or two, and as I'd never had one before, I wanted to spend a little less on my first go at it. BTW, DH has run (he runs DAILY) with the jogging stroller several times, and really enjoyed it every time.

HTH!

babykate
08-27-2003, 01:35 AM
I bought a Schwinn Jogging Stroller with a fixed front wheel for rollerblading. I just used it for the first time tonight and had a hard time going around corners because of the front wheel not being able to swivel. I had read that the fixed was better for fast running or rollerblading. It seems to me that the swivel would be better though. Do you find that your swivel wheel works well for rollerblading? I bought my stroller at Sam's and hope they will take it back even though I've assembled it and used it once.