PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find Inglesina Zippy 2002 model - has anyone used KidsPalace.com?

bunnisa
02-21-2003, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone! I am feeling very frustrated. I've been planning to order the Inglesina Zippy in Sugar, and now it seems there are no 2002 models left anywhere but on www.kidspalace1.com. I specifially want the 2002 since it has the rain hood. Stinkybaby.com & indoorsandoutdoors.com no longer have the 2002 model... I can't find it anywhere besides KidsPalace. However, they didn't sound extremely professional when I called so it makes me a little reticent to order from them.

Does anyone have any experience with this company, or know where else I can find this stroller? I have my heart completely set on it.

Sigh.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Bethany

charigot
02-21-2003, 11:48 AM
I have never used any of these companies, so I don't vouch for them. But I found the stroller at Traveling tikes
http://www.travelingtikes.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/inglesinazippy.htm?E+scstore

Stroller Depot http://www.strollerdepot.com/moreinfo.php?SKU=1236

Baby Bazaar http://www.babybazaar.com/xq/asp/dept_id.217/pf_id.0217-013/qx/product.htm

hope that helps.
Jen

Momof3Labs
02-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Bethany,

I bought my changing table from them because it was the best price I could find without doing a 3-month special order. It was a huge headache!! I had to make at least 3 phone calls to them because I never got an order confirmation (they said I should have) then I never got the tracking number (and the one they gave me over the phone didn't work) and then something else - I don't remember.

After all that fiasco, my changing table did arrive in one piece, so my experience could have been worse. But it certainly was a lot of trouble!!

www.babycatalog.com still shows the built-in rain shield - you might want to call them and find out if they still have 2002 models.

bunnisa
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the help... Sounds like I should avoid KidsPalace! Unfortunately, Stroller Depot and Baby Catalog are only stocking the 2003 models. I haven't been able to get ahold of Traveling Tykes or Baby Bazaar yet. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Bethany

gravymommy3
02-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Bethany,

Try www.baby-outfitters.com I see a Zippy on their site but I know nothing about them so I cannot tell if it is 2002 vx. 2003. You can call them - their toll-free # is 866-715-2229 and I am sure they can help you.

Good luck

Amy

febmom
02-21-2003, 02:59 PM
I ordered my Zippy from Traveling Tikes and they were extremely nice and helpful.

spikeso
02-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Hi,

If you can't find any 2002's, you may want to check out

http://www.arunningstroller.com/Manufacts/Inglesina.htm

Listed for $249.50 "plus a FREE RAIN COVER"

I have never ordered anything from there, but I have heard they are decent to deal with.

HTH
Neal

cvharris
02-21-2003, 08:01 PM
I grabbed one from the Right Start. (I work there) They only carry the 2002 Sugar model and haven't received their new shipment of Zippys, which I assume will be the 2003. Most of the stores are now out of stock, though, as is the catalog. It might be worth calling some of the stores to see who has one left. You might have better luck in California - there are a ton of stores there.

Or try that seller on eBay - I think his username starts with 'mgm' - he sells a lot and may have one.

I also believe that the dmart2000.com site has them, but am not sure what model.

Good luck!

Sandy
02-23-2003, 04:07 PM
The right start in Bellevue Washington @ Bellevue Square has the Zippy 2002. I checked and it had the built in rain shield.

umma2002
02-25-2003, 04:20 PM
netkidswear.com has the 2002 Zippy in sugar

but I just bought the zippy without the built-in rain shield from arunningstroller.com. she has zippys with or without the built-in rain shields. apparently inglesina is making them both ways now. the woman at A Running Stroller was very helpful and knowledgeable. I got it at the lowest price I've seen: $249.50 (that's including shipping!) and all zippys without the built-in rain shield comes with a free separate rain shield which she tells me is better quality than the built-in. (we'll see if that's the case when I get my stroller next week!)

good luck!

partyof5
02-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi!

I just saw one on Ebay being auctioned by mgm1997. Maybe you could email him to see if it has a rain hood.

HTH!

Cindy

Jen841
04-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Other than the rain cover, does anyone know the difference b/c the 2002 and 2003? I know RightStart in Chicago has 2002's in Sugar.

bunnisa
04-14-2003, 05:36 PM
As far as I'm aware, the only difference is the rain hood. If you want the built-in hood, you'll be hard-pressed to find a 2002 model. After following all of the leads given to me here, and calling a few others, in the end, only Kids Palace had the 2002 (even the Zippys on ebay were 2003s). Right Start was sold out, except for one floor model that they would only discount 10% (and it was $299 to begin with!), so Kids Palace was a much better price.

I know some ppl had a less than optimal experience with them, but I called & emailed them to double confirm that they carried the 2002 model, took a deep breath, and ordered it. Received it 3 days later without any problems.

There's a posting on this board that Buy Buy Baby is clearing them out for $219 -- unfortunately we don't have a BBB around here so I can't provide you with any details.

Good luck in your search!

Bethany

:)

Jen841
04-15-2003, 01:04 PM
Stinkybaby.com has a few 2002's left. I just ordered one. They met the lowest price I found on-line, so for $245 I got what I wanted in the color I wanted with the raincover

bunnisa
04-15-2003, 02:43 PM
That's surprising, since when I called they told me all they had were 2003's. :( wish I had gotten correct info when I called them, I would have ordered from them.

Bethany