PDA

View Full Version : Moutain Buggy colors-help me decide please!! (no dealers near me :()

Kate888
02-21-2003, 03:27 PM
It's so cold here in MI and I'm so bored staying in all day...So DH said I can have my birthday present now instead of waiting till July (it's also my Valentine's and Chrismas gift, you get the idea). I've visited moutain buggy websites hundreds of times and still can't decide on the color. No MB dealers near me, either. Sigh.

For those of you who have seen a MB or own one, would you give me some input re: the colors? I'm more interesed in the red, grape, spruce and ocean cloud. A little description of the color will help me a lot. I have no idea what kind of red, or purple it is.

Should I get the rain cover or sun shade, too?

Thank you so much for the help!

Kate
Mom to Maya 2-17-02

etwahl
02-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Call or email Alan at www.sycamore.com - he will send you fabric samples in the mail and you can decide yourself! Good luck.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

gravymommy3
02-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Kate,

I just got the Ocean Cloud. It is a very pretty, subtle blue (like a grey/blue, not a baby blue and not a navy blue). It is very nice. I was in your boat - I am in Atlanta and there is no dealer anywhere close. I just chose the dealer on the MB website that had a toll free number and I have been nothing but pleased. I bought from www.baby-outfitters.com 1-866-715-baby. They have been wonderful to deal with. I did not even get to see what the Ocean Cloud looked like before I bought, but it just sounded nice. We bought it to take to Disney and they have strollers down there that are red and some that are purple, so I wanted to go with something that was as far from the Disney rentals as possible (didn't want to tempt someone to stroll off with ours). You will love your buggy.

We got the rain cover and it is wonderful. Very convenient to use and the kids did not mind being under it at all. Kept them and the stroller dry and was so easy to put on/take off. We also got the travel bag (it is great - we had to strap the buggy to the roof of the SUV for the trip - not a problem at all!) and the handle bar extender - DH is 6'4" and he loves it. We also ordered a tire pump and Kit was nice enough to mount it for us - very cool! If you have any other questions, you can email me at [email protected]

Good luck.

Amy

Calmegja
02-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Hey, I'm in MI, too...at least the sun is partially shining today!

I have a black MBUD, and my neighbor has the spruce. I really like both colors...the spruce is a gorgeous, deep, jewel toned green, and the black is, well, black! ;-)

Alan was great to work with, he'll send you samples if you want to take a look in person. It's hard to tell on a website....

Happy early birthday- great present!

pamela mom of 3
02-21-2003, 04:51 PM
I have a grape urban and a spruce urban dble...

Grape is for sure grape, dark..very much what you think when you think purple.if that makes any sense?

spruce is a forest green, dark again....a classic green.

You can see pics of mine here
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

And one more ocean cloud....well it's a grey/blue...what i consider a slate blue, i don't have a picture of this one yet. ;)
PS: i think the fabric swatch is a great idea! i just went by pics..... great gift .enjoy!!
HTH

Oops forgot, i do have raincovers for the urbans.i like them, fit very well...after that i didn't buy anything else, however the airpump i would suggest.

Kate888
02-21-2003, 10:23 PM
The sun does make me want to go out! Which part of MI are you at? I'm in Rochester Hills (45 mins northeast of Ann Arbor).

I'm still considering... Thanks for the descriptions!

Kate

Kate888
02-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Great pictures!! I have the Techno in electric blue, too. Can I use a regular bike pump instead of the MB pump?

TIA!

Kate

Kate888
02-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the input!

Is the Ocean Cloud easy to clean? It's a lighter color, so I was wondering if it needs to be cleaned more often. It's such a beautiful color though.

Thanks.

Kate

Kate888
02-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks! I'll give him a call :)

Kate

Calmegja
02-22-2003, 09:51 AM
I'm in a suburb of Lansing, about an hour from you....

I went to UM, so I am such an Ann Arbor girl (I miss the food :) )

One of my college roommates was from Rochester Hills, so I've been there many a time....

Calmegja
02-22-2003, 09:53 AM
I use my Zooper air pump with my buggy, and it works great.

This is a stupid thing to say, but what really helped me was to spend $10 at Target, and get one of those talking air pressure gauges for the tires. I use the Zooper pump, and then that, to make sure the tires all match in PSI...

I got the stormcover, too, and the lock, but I bought the stroller fleeces at Organic Bebe, because it was about half the price as it was on the MBUD site, and it's the same thing, down to the kid riding in the MB on the front of the package...

Kate888
02-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Thanks Jessica! I didn't know they have talking air pressure gauges nowadays :) I think I'll get the stormcover and the lock, too. Maybe the pump also. Went grocery shopping today and realized that one MB equals 800 grapefruites LOL!

BTW, I love Ann Arbor! Used to go there all the time for coffee/tea and the Art Fair. It reminds me of Evanston, IL (DH and I went to Northwestern).

Thanks again.

Kate :)