PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Caddy Vs. Chicco London Vs. Daytripper?

Melanie
02-22-2003, 03:54 AM
Has anyone test-driven both? Dh test-drove the Caddy and said it was way too short for his stride (6 ft). Is this better? Does it weigh a ton more? How compact is the fold? (Sorry for all the questions, but we're not near a BRU and aren't headed that way this weekend. I'm afraid if I wait too long the BRU website will be "out" of them, as they already seem to be out of other hot ticket items.)

Basically, with the BRU deals right now I can get the Caddy for $19.99 or the London for $39.99 and I'm wondering which is the better "deal" over all? I was originally thinking of the daytripper, but they're out of them...is it really better, though?

This would be a 3rd stroller to fulfill the "ultra-lightweight for a toddler who sometimes walks sometimes rides" category. =)

Thanks

Mommy to Jonah

jenfed
02-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Sorry, duplicate post.

jenfed
02-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Why are they so cheap at BRU? I was eyeing the London, but it was $69 and I really don't NEED it!! But if it was that cheap, I'd consider trying it out.

Do you have coupons or is there a sale going on?

I think the Caddy is a lighter weight than the London.

Melanie
02-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Check out my coupon post in the Bargains Lounge...

Mommy to Jonah

momathome
02-22-2003, 03:33 PM
I highly recomend the Maclaren. My DH is also 6' tall and has no trouble at all pushing our Maclaren Vogue. Also keep in mind, Chicco strollers for some bizarre reason only have a 33lb weight limit. I know people rave about their Chiccos but most toddlers are 33 lbs by age 3 and my daughter, who just turned 5 and is 37lbs, still likes to ride in the stroller occasionally. Also, the Maclaren pushes like a dream and folds up very compactly. All in all, a really fabulous stroller! Good luck!
-Lauren

pcottrell
02-22-2003, 04:30 PM
I have not test driven both, but have seen both IRL. The london really looks like a mac to me. It is sharp looking and the handles are higher than that of the caddy. there was a volo near the london and the handles on the london did not appear to be that much shorter to me. I bought a caddy a few months ago only to return it b/c it was too short for DH. I am not sure of the weight difference, but I know that the london weighs more. If your DH is anything like mine, I would make him try it out before buying!!
HTH,
Paige

Melanie
02-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Last time we were at BRU he test drove the Caddy and the Pliko and didn't like either for height, is Mac higher than Pliko?

Mommy to Jonah

momathome
02-23-2003, 10:55 AM
I had my Mac Vogue and Pliko side by side and it looked like the Mac handles were about 2 inches taller. The Vogue does have bigger wheels than the Daytripper but I also think that the angle of the Mac is so different from the Peg that this also makes it easier to push. Good luck!
-Lauren

Melanie
02-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Good! I ordered the London since BRU online was out of the Daytripper. I can always return it if it doesn't work out, but I hope it will! The Pliko & The Caddy were way too short for Dh. The only stroller that we have that he doesn't kick the back of was the big Graco Coachrider.

Mommy to Jonah