PDA

View Full Version : which diaper bag? Kate Spade or un-diaper bag?

cdlamis
02-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi,
I posted earlier about the fake Kate Spade. Well, I sent it back but found another "authentic" Kate Spade bag online (this one still has Norstroms tags attached so maybe I will get lucky and it will be real). Call me crazy!
Anyway.... my babystyle catalog came today and I saw the un-diaper bag as well as the Tommy Hillfiger tote. Both look good and cheaper that the Kate Spade. Any thought on these? Are they made well? Which do you like best? Do they look as good as the Kate Spade (minus the label) =)
Also, I was looking at the Kate Spade "Letter scramble" diaper bag. Is this one just like the medium diaper bag tote?
I need your help. I want to order one soon and finally have a good looking diaper bag!!!!
Thanks so much in advance~
Daniella

firsttimemama
02-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Hi Daniella-

I have several Kate Spade baby bags- Large tote, corduroy messenger (large), and small messenger (they were all gifts).

Although they look great they are not that funcional. The large tote has just one zippered pocket (for keys and cell phone) inside and 2 bottle pockets on the outside. Because there are so few pockets and the bag is very deep I find myself searching to find everything. I also like to hang my bag on my stroller and I can't do that with this bag. So...

I thought the messenger would be perfect. It has one long strap and a bunch of pockets...but...the bag is very heavy empty (probably because it is corduroy)and when you fill it up it does not close (because the velcro is all the way at the bottom of the bag). For such a large bag it really doesn't hold that much.

I had the small messenger pre-baby so it is not an official 'diaper bag'. I use it for quick trips and it is perfect for that purpose!

I always joke that it is clear that Kate Spade never had a baby!

Sorry I don't know anything about the other bags.

Good Luck!

Lisa

jojo2324
02-22-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm so glad you were able to send the fake back!

I have no experience with Kate Spade diaper bags, but we did use the Babystyle UnDiaper bag initially. I got it free when I ordered a certain amount of maternity clothing.

I didn't care for it too much. The straps were always twisting and slipping off my shoulders. Also, there are two halves and I believe one pocket. I prefer to have my stuff compartmentalized, so the two halves weren't cutting it. The last thing I needed to be doing was rifling through my bag trying to get to a toy under an extra set of clothes. And the zipper for the pocket that held the changing pad broke. DH was very keen on keeping it because it was free, but then I just made him hold it for a couple of days and he eventually came around. :D HTH!

mt00026
02-24-2003, 02:15 PM
I have the un-diaper bag and have been using it for two weeks. So far I am happy with it. I use it as a purse diaper combo. One half for the organizer and make up bag the other holds about 8 size one diapers, creme, and a large ziploc with about 20 wipes. It looks more like apurse and less like a diaper bag.

cchavez
02-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Have you checked out the Nicole Miller diaper bag? It is very cute and although I have not used mine yet.....most reviews say it is very functional. It retails for 110.00 at Pea in a Pod. I stayed away from Kate Spade b/c most reviews said her bag was not very functional. HTH!