PDA

View Full Version : Using stroller carry-cot as nighttime bassinet?

yahud
02-23-2003, 06:14 PM
Hello all,

I have ordered a Mountain Buggy (urban single) stroller with the carry cot. I'm wondering: has anyone used a carrycot as a true bassinet -- letting baby sleep in the carrycot for the first 6 months or so? Did it work?

And what sheets would you recommend using with a carrycot? Any other helpful accessories? I have the stroller fleece already.

Thanks!

Y
(Dad-to-be in charge of equipment)

newbelly2002
02-24-2003, 02:30 AM
I have used the carry cot as a travel bed on occasion, letting DS fall asleep init at my parents hotel, or a friend's house, before bringing him home. However, there are some rather large tags and warnings on the cot to the effect that this is not a good idea. Perhaps in the initial month or two it might work, but only until baby can turn over and/or pull himself up. The sides are really not that high and that would concern me in a 4-6 month old baby.

As to sheets, ask the dealer. I bought mine at the babystore where we bought the stroller. They had specific color-matching sheets but at three times the price (and a much rougher feel) I was content to go with the soft generic white.

Paula