PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!! Now which stroller?!

Rachels
02-24-2003, 10:57 AM
With all these BRU coupons AND the fact that I just remembered a $50 birthday gift, I can get a stroller for just about nothing if I stay on the lower end. Even DH can't argue with that. So what do I choose? I've got to be able to order it from BRU. Here's what I really need: 1) something that can be used outdoors on bumpy Boston city streets, 2) something that folds (since I usually drive into the city), 3) preferably something that steers well. What do you have? What do you love? :) :) :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Naomi
02-24-2003, 03:50 PM
As I just told AngelaS below, I've been mostly happy with my Graco Metrolite (now 2 yrs old). I've used it on Boston streets without a problem (wheels swivel but can be locked for brick paving, etc.), very easy to steer, easy to fold, very light, and comfortable for baby (seat can recline to any position). Less comfortable for a sleeping toddler, thanks to fixed footrest. See my post to Angela for more details if you like. I assume you can get the Metrolite at BRU, although I haven't checked.

Good luck!

Naomi

egoldber
02-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Well, of the ones I saw on their website, the one that looked the most promising was the Pliko Sherpa. Some folks don't like the steering, but you would have to try it yourself. My girlfriend loves hers, and pushes it one handed in Georgetown, loaded with bags and carrying a latte. But other folks ahve not been as fond of theirs.

Happy shopping!

mama2be
02-24-2003, 04:38 PM
I want to be strolling thru Georgetown pushing a latte...OH I miss Georgetown..

egoldber
02-24-2003, 05:51 PM
LOL! No you DON'T want to stroll through Georgetown, it's a royal PITA!!! Crowded, bumpy, and all the cute shops are NOT stroller friendly. We always use a carrier in Georgetown. This is why the mall is SOOOO popular for moms, they make it so easy! Especially Nordstrom's with those VERY nice breastfeeding friendly Ladies Lounges and the very mommy friendly Nordstrom Cafe!

marnay
02-24-2003, 11:52 PM
If you are looking for a nice not too expensive stroller I really like my Comfort Dimensions Plus Stroller by Evenflo. Lightweight, easy one handed stearing, one hand fold (much easier than the Graco folds!), you can recline the seat in any position, and the basket!!! Wow I love the basket! With the seat in full recline you can still easily get a bulky diaper bag in and out of the basket! It was $79.99, can't beat that price!