PDA

View Full Version : Jogger questions - instep vs. dreamer vs. baby jogger

casey118
02-26-2003, 01:20 AM
I am trying to decide on a jogging stroller and have a few questions. I am looking at the Instep 10K Ultimate Aluminum, the Dreamer Designs Deluxe and the Baby Jogger 2 or 3.

First of all, it will be used for outdoor trails - mostly walking/jogging, and some street running.

I like the price of the Instep, but other than that it seems very basic. Is it worth the extra $100 to upgrade to a Dreamer or Baby Jogger?

I like the features of the Dreamer, but it weighs 9 lbs more (25.5 lbs) than the Baby Jogger 2 (16.5 lbs). The Baby Jogger 3 is 22 lbs. How big of deal is the extra weight? Will the Dreamer really seem that much heavier?

The Baby Jogger 2 also seems pretty bare bones. My only real concern is the canopy isn't as protective as the Dreamer. Does anyone have any thoughts on how important this is? The Baby Jogger 3 has the better canopy, but is $100 more than a Dreamer I found on sale, so not sure if it is worth it. Is one a better quality than the other? Also, Baby Jogger 2 does not recline, while the Dreamer and Baby Jogger 3 do. Is this an desirable feature? (my some is only 3 months now) When is it usable? It doesn't seem like it would be very comfortable for baby.

Quite frankly I am leaning towards the Dreamer, but I have never seen one in person and don't know anyone who has one. A few friends have the Baby Jogger 2 and like it.

Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate your help! Thanks in advance.

Kimberly