PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Maclaren Daytripper?!

danimom
02-27-2003, 12:48 AM
I have the Peg Perego Milano for my DD. She's now 20 months old and it's getting too heavy for me.

I was planning on getting the Maclaren Daytripper and now I can't find anywhere. It seems like the Triumph has replaced it.

Does anyone know whether this is the case. I liked that the Daytripper came w/ the hood and rainsheild....It doesn't seem like the Triumph has the rainshield.

Does anyone have either of the strollers? Is it worth me looking for the daytripper, or is the triumph a better stroller, or is there something a lot better out there?

Thanks for your input.

lukkykatt
02-27-2003, 01:19 AM
You can get the Daytripper at BRU. Also there are some new ones on ebay.

HTH

danimom
02-27-2003, 01:36 AM
I'll run over there tomorrow. Thanks.

Do you know if it's discontinued?

strollerqueen
02-27-2003, 02:05 AM
The Daytripper is a much better stroller, imo. The seat of the Triumph is too shallow, really short, wouldn't fit my average size 22 month old! Yes, the Daytripper has been discontinued, so grab one while you can! One helpful tip: don't bother with the recline mechanism at all. It's a real pitb. I just leave mine loose, it works better that way.

danimom
02-27-2003, 02:16 AM
Would you recommend the daytripper? Is there something else that I should consider?

Thanks!!!!

strollerqueen
02-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Sure, I would reccomend the Daytripper, for an older baby. I think 20 months is finne for it. I like the Vogue 2000, which is the same frame as the Daytripper but has extended legrests, and a different recline mechanism. I also have the Vogue 2001, and like it a lot. But it is on a bigger frame, the same size as the Techno.

danimom
02-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks for you help.

Actually, I went over to bru to see if they had the daytripper & there was only the floor model (which was broken).
I had my dd sit in the Quest (the Triumph wasn't out on the floor), and she seemed pretty comfy. The Daytripper's recline seems like a pain to adjust.

What do you think about the Quest?

wdland45
02-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Don't know if you're still looking at the Daytripper, but here is a place that is selling them online for $99.95 (available in Fuschia only). HTH.
http://www.elbambi.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=elbambi&Product_Code=day-fuchsia
Danielle