PDA

View Full Version : Do you love your Zippy? Tell me about it.

hardysmom
02-27-2003, 05:34 PM
I had to return an expensive stroller recently to a company which went WAY above and beyond for customer service so instead of getting my money back to buy a something (probably a Chicco 2002) somewhere else, I bought a Zippy from their inventory.

I pushed a Zippy when they first came out and liked it at the time, but that was a while ago. If you love your Zippy, I'd love to hear about it just to get psyched up!

Thanks! Stephanie

ddmarsh
02-27-2003, 09:52 PM
I have to admit (though not to DH!) that I've not been terribly bowled over by my Zippy. It seemed like the perfect general use stroller before I purchased it but I'm just not as impressed as I thought I would be. I really haven't used it much yet and the few times I have it's been with the car seat on it, so my experience with it is pretty limited. I'd love to hear what you think when you receive yours.

Debbie

hardysmom
02-27-2003, 10:17 PM
What don't you like (or not love) about it?

Stephanie

cimberdog
02-28-2003, 09:19 AM
I love my Zippy! I have used it with the Graco Snugride infant seat attached, and also without it. It's very comfie for my 9 week old and he has used it a few times since he was 2 weeks old. It has great suspension, the boot for it is really nice and he seems very happy and content in it. The folding mechanism is the best and I love how light and compact it is. The only things I do not love about it are the smaller mesh basket (doesn't hold much so I don't take it on the BIG shopping trips) and the fact that the handles are not really great for me or dh as far as height (I am 5'9" and he is 6'2"). I realized how much I love this stroller yesterday, when I was looking for another stroller and possible another one in addition to that to replace my Zippy due to thye handle height. I was just sick that I would have to give this stroller up. So I just found handle extensions at One Step Ahead and ordered them this morning. Problem solved! It still does not make the basket any bigger but for all the other features I can live with that.

ddmarsh
02-28-2003, 05:35 PM
I guess there's nothing I really *dislike* about it, I'm just not terribly crazy about it - it doesn't really seem much better than other models for some reason. One thing about the one-handed fold that I'm a bit disappointed in is that it still takes a bit of maneuvering to get it into the car if you don't have a hand or forget to lock the wheels first since it's sort of flopping around after you pull up on it. I was also very interested in being able to use the infant seat and DD just does not seem to be happy in it at that angle.

Like I said above, I haven't used it much yet and YMMV.

Debbie

rose2boys
02-28-2003, 07:03 PM
I really like my Zippy alot. I use it as my "lightweight" all purpose stroller that I keep in the car. The wheels seem better than other strollers in its class due to their width and tread. I have pushed it over various surfaces and it did very well , esp. considering it's not meant to be an all terrain like my MB. I've used it both with and w/o infant car seat for my 7 week and he seems to like it. It manuevers smoothly and easily so far.

However, a few things bug me about it: the small basket, I didn't think it would bother me, but it does a little.
And even though it FOLDS LIKE A DREAM (BIG PLUS!!),it's still not all that compact & light, AND the canopy must be removed to fold it! Ugh! That 's what really annoys me!

Otherwise, I think it's great for the mall, restaurants, etc. I use my MB Urban for outdoor activities ( jogging/power walking, zoo, beach, etc.).

HTH

sbirmantaz
02-28-2003, 07:32 PM
Hi there, I have the Zippy and really like it! The things I like about it are the steering, easy fold (I don't take the canopy off to close it, like someone else mentioned), the infant seat fits in it good, you just have to make sure the stroller back is fully reclined first. As for negatives, there really aren't any for me, maybe the smallish basket, but that seems common on a lot of strollers. The good thing is that I have hung bags (fairly heavy too) and the Zippy is not tippy at all, very sturdy. Hope that helps...

blnony
02-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Okay, I just got my Zippy today. The only bad thing is, the basket was not in the box?!? I'm trying to resolve this.
But, a general review, after just playing with it for a litte -
Pros -
the fold is incredible. I didn't have to take off the canopy to fold it. The best part, it folds up, not down, so you don't have to bend to unfold or fold. I really am impressed. I think it folds/unfolds easier than my Techno, which is saying a lot, because I love my techno.
Steering is good, I wouldn't say great, def. not as one hand friendly as the Mac, but close.
I think the padding is fine, not as plush as some, but I think it is fine. The recline is great, really easy.
I like the wheels. They are nubby like a Mac but bigger.
It isn't real wide, which is good and bad. The seat width does appear to be a bit on the slim side, but I think it will be great in the malls or tight spaces.
It is light. Much lighted than the Venezia, but obviously not as light as the Techno. It folds up pretty compact too.
I am only 5'5' and DH is 6'1 and we were really happy with the handle height. Neither of us had any problem with kicking or having to hunch over, which was an issue with the Venezia sometimes.
Cons -
The canopy is a little lacking. I am curious to see how this does in the sun.
The seat is a little slim.
I don't like how you have to lock the wheels to get it to stand alone.
And the biggest con for me is the lack of basket, but I'm sure I will be able to write that off the list soon.
I hope you enjoy your new Zippy. Let us know what you think of it when you get it!

nohomama
02-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Just a comment...I do retract the hood to fold the stroller but I've never had to remove it. If you've found that you do truely have to remove it, you may want to call Inglesina. They have an excellent reputation when it comes to customer service.