PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Baby in La Jolla, CA (and online) is AWESOME

hardysmom
02-27-2003, 05:58 PM
For anyone who has not found them yet this is a fantastic baby store near San Diego. Online their address is:

www.heritagebaby.net

Until recently, they were the ONLY store in the US which sold Teutonia and continue to be the only store with any Teutonia experience and a relationship with the company. If Teutonia is the "Mercedes of Strollers" then buying from Heritage Baby is like buying from a good Mercedes dealership. You can depend on their service.

When I bought my Y2K, one of the managers (Jamie) talked me out of the color I initially wanted and into another. Once I saw it IRL, I knew she was 100% right. It was beautiful. She has also been honest with me not only about strollers' strong points, but also what she doesn't like about them.

I have personally purchased 2 Teutonias (and now a Zippy) from them. It can be pretty spooky to buy an expensive stroller online. Recently, I had a problem with one of my strollers and they went TOTALLY above and beyond-- including paying (at their expense) to ship a 40lb stroller from Tulsa to back to Califiornia EVEN THOUGH I bought it with the understanding that it couldn't be returned.

So often I hear about bad experiences with online stores. As Teutonia becomes more available and our choices of retailers grow, I wanted to put a plug up for this AWESOME original store.

Stephanie :)

etwahl
02-27-2003, 06:05 PM
That's great Stephanie. I'm lucky enough to live 30 minutes from Heritage Baby and actually went into the store a while back to test drive the Y2K. We LOVED it, but then finally decided the Mountain Buggy Terrain would be more flexible for us because of the weight of the Y2K. But boy is it a pretty stroller. Loved, loved, loved it. Maybe someday, we'll invest in a Teutonia, but until then, I guess I can just dream about them :)

By the way, since I know you are a Teutonia expert, could you give a short run-down on what are the high and low points of each of them that are available through Heritage Baby? Just quick points as to what stroller you think works best for what situation (e.g. is one good for indoor, etc.)

We also have a Combi US, which I'm not sure if I'll like, but I guess I'll find out when I get to use it...if our little sweetie ever decides to make an appearance. I know I sound anxious since I haven't even hit my due date, but I am ready!!!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

hardysmom
02-27-2003, 06:24 PM
Gosh, I am hardly an expert on Teutonia-- lots of people out there have more experience! I can go on for days about the Y2K, a few minutes on the Swing, and just mumble about the others...

But DO I know where to get good info on them!!!

This weekend, the Parents Place Stroller board will have its 200th Board and will review a whole bunch of strollers (including Teutonia) and have a bunch of polls like "what are the best strollers for tall parents, etc.

The 100th Board also has great reviews, though I'm not sure many Teutonias (or MBs) had been purchased when it was archived last summer.

Anyway, here is a link to the 100th Board-- to get to the current Board just click the link at the top theat says "current" (duh). The 200th Board will be posted this weekend- anyone can review a stroller as long as they have real-life experience with the stroller they are writing about.

http://boards2.parentsplace.com/messages/get/ppstrollers100.html

Stephanie

DDowning
02-27-2003, 07:02 PM
I live about 60 minutes from Heritage and found them to be really nice and honest. I have a funny story regarding this store. I recently placed an order with them back at the end of January for a Teutonia Y2k/2003 version. Here's what I found out. The first order of Y2k/3's were placed back in October. They still haven't came in yet. I talked to Julie yesterday at HB and wanted to know the status of my Y2k/3. They aren't ordering anymore until the original shipment comes in. She stated that Britax made the shipment on Tuesday from North Carolina and they expect the order to come in next week sometime. Apparently there are accessory pieces that were changed in the order and Heritage Baby will not know what they have until the order arrives. Once they get the shipment and check it out and see where they stand. They will contact all of the people that placed the original order and make sure that the order is still valid. After that is all said and done they will then place the second order, which HB is saying that they learned their lesson and that the second order request will go a lot more smoother and that I can expect delivery sometime in April.

Whew! That was a mouthful, hope I made sense.

Anywho, Stefanie you said that there is another store that is now distributing Teutonia's in the US. Who is it and where are they based?

caroliner
02-27-2003, 07:52 PM
I live about 3 miles from Heritage and frequently stop in. I have 2 Teutonias, a Mistral (now Regent) and a Swing, and I can verify that they are great! Jaime in particular is really wonderful. I had my sister in Atlanta buy one of their Emmas too, and she was delighted with Heritage as well. I bought their last "old" Mistral and Jaime gave me huge discounts on accessory pieces such as the seat extender and soft carry cot and boy am I glad I did not wait until the 2003s came in. When I bought the Mistral, in early October, the 2003s were due in the store in November!! Jaime is really responsive and helpful and she knows those Teutonias! Another happy customer here!

strollerqueen
02-27-2003, 09:22 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. They are the best. In case you want to buy from them, here is what they have left: Emmaljunga EC1's, Teutonia PiXXels, and Kingston Heritage Classics. All of these can be also found on Ebay. They also have a lot of Silver Crosses, and can order anything Inglesina. They are also still awaiting shipments of new Teutonias. The delay is totally not their fault; it is the fault of Britax, the new distributor.