PDA

View Full Version : Errand stroller..

Andrea S
02-28-2003, 01:11 AM
I have a PP Venezia which works great for mall crawling and long outing, but now I am in the market for a light weight stroller to run errands with. Andrew is 6 months old and 20 pounds. Which ones would you suggest I take a look at??

Andrea

hardysmom
02-28-2003, 02:37 AM
A few details would help--

Do you run errands on foot (like in NYC) or in a car?
How much can you spend?
Are you very tall or very small?

It is tough to start looking without those details, but generally the most praised strollers in this catagory seem to be the Maclaren line and Inglesina Swift. The Peg Aria is also catching on well. Personally, I think the Aria pushes much better that the larger Pegs (I have a Milano)

Some babies don't like the slope of the seat on Macs, but it is supposed to be better on the '03 models. I have a Mac Vogue which is fantastic for quick errands, but my DS hates if he has to ride in it for very long. Still, it is SO convenient! Other kids don't mind at all... The Swift has a flatter seat and has been getting good reviews. The only complaints I've heard about the Swift have been from tall people, or those with a very long stride, who say they sometimes kick the wheels..

Other, less expensive, lightweights people seem to like are made by Kidco and Chicco.

HTH Stephanie

Andrea S
02-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I will check out the Mac's.
BTW I run errands in car.
Average height
Have not thought about budget yet. I usually find what I want then justify it to DH.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

egoldber
02-28-2003, 04:09 PM
I love my Maclaren Mistral. This is discontinued now, but is similar to the Maclaren Quest. It is so easy to use and very lightweight. Steers like a dream.

I started using it when my DD was about 7 months old. Some people don't like Macs for younger babies. My DD does not mind it as long as she isn't in it for a really long time (like over an hour).

HTH,