PDA

View Full Version : Zooper Zoop-Air

cimberdog
02-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Yesterday I was out shopping for my third stroller and was trying to decide between the Bertini Shuttle and the Zooper Walk-Air. I love the Shuttle's handle and swivel wheels, but the Walk-Air came with the reversible seat, rain cover, bug net and boot. So I was leaning toward the Walk-Air when the shop owner told me she had a 2002 Zooper Zoop-Air in the basement that hadn't ever been opened. I haven't been able to find anything about it online - reviews, comments, etc. Anyway, she put it together for me and it is pretty cool. If it had a different fabric like the 2003 models I would be thrilled. But it has the funky blue cloth fabric. Anyhow, it comes with a carrycot\snuggle nest, and it has the wheel suspension and also seat suspension making for a real buggy-like feeling which I like. So she said she'd sell it to me for $299 and I figured with all those little extras that was the same price as the Bertini and so I bought it. We haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I guess I am just looking to hear if anyone has had experience with this stroller so I can soothe my nerves that it was the right thing to buy? I guess they made it in limited quantities.

strollerqueen
02-28-2003, 05:24 PM
You can't find it online because it is an older model that has been discontinued. It was the predecessor of the Walk Air. It was part of their original line, along with the Skipper and a few others. Several months ago it was being clearanced out on EBay and a few OL stores, but I haven't seen one for a while. Not that there is anything necessarily wrong with discontinued models. I searched high and low for several myself, including the Peg Roma, Microtwin, Amico Sherpa, and Maclaren Vogue Duette. Just make sure it is exactly what you want, because you paid a lot. I also think the owner should have been more honest with you. It is probably a year 2000 model, certainly NOT 2002! You could call or email Zooper to be sure.

strollerqueen
03-01-2003, 12:21 AM
I double-checked for you. It was discontinued in 2000.

lbfoody
03-05-2003, 01:37 PM
I bought one of the discontinued Zoop Airs on Ebay for $120 (including shipping). It is very plush, but also very heavy (I think 34 lbs). It pushed very well, but in my neighborhood, to cross the streets you have to push the traffic light button, and for some reason, the buttons are nowhere near the actual crosswoalks. I found the fixed wheels to be annoying.

The toher thing you may want to think about is whether you will use to reversible seat. At 10 months, my DS would lean over the sides to look around me if I had him facing in. He really prefers facing out.

I ended up getting a Jepp Liberty for nighborhood walks and my son loves it!

Just some thoughts for you to consider. By the way, in my opinion, $299 for the Zoop Air is too much! They do still periodically show up on Ebay.

Best of luck!