PDA

View Full Version : If you could do it all over again, which stroller(s) would you choose?

anna lisa
02-28-2003, 09:43 PM
I've been having a really hard time deciding upon a stroller. My friends think I'm nuts to "need" three! I live in NYC and have a beach house on the Jersey Shore which we frequent on the weekends practically year round. I'm considering the 1) Kolcraft Carseat Stroller, 2) Venezia or Zippy and 3) Techno.

Kolcraft - I know I'll "need" this for in and out of the car

Venezia - Love the reversible handle and over all comfort factor

Zippy - Seems like a great all around stroller

Techno - A NYC must have - period

For those of you who have the strollers I mentioned, would you purchase them again? Are you pleased with them? Do you have any recommendations for my situation?

Is having a Zippy and Techno (my current combo in mind) redundent? Would the Venezia and Techno be a better balance?

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks,

hipmaman
03-01-2003, 12:54 AM
I would get:

1) an all-terrain/jogging stroller for the beach house. Need something with bigger wheels, non-swivel to navigate the beach and perhaps the trails. This will be your rugged outdoor stroller.

2) Maybe the Zippy with will be your mid-size but can take the carseats for the earlier months. This can be used in NYC too. It in no way can do the outdoor like a jogger/all-terrain can do. But it can handle light outdoor use and lots indoor, even travel when the baby is still in the infant carseat.

But if you like the Venezia, then it can be the indoor stroller for the earlier months. Most people find it not that great for outdoor (kinda lousy, imo, lol. You feel the cuts in the concrete sidewalk, let alone anything rougher!). I had one, while I liked the reversible handle, if I know what I know now about strollers, I would hesitate to do the Venezia again.

3) Techno (assuming XT) is your light-weight when baby is older, can sit up and when you feel the Zippy might be a tad heavy for quick errants. I would wait until later to get this one. And you might even want to consider getting something smaller and lighter than the Techno XT when the time comes. Like a Quest.

I would skip the Venezia since it is an indoor stroller, imo.

caroliner
03-01-2003, 01:17 AM
Skip the Kolcraft. It has a very limited time frame during which you can use it and IMO it is not well made. I had one and ended up selling it because it really was useless. Instead, get an umbrella type stroller that fully reclines and takes a carseat. I think maybe the Zippy does? I have a Pliko, but have heard good things about the Zippy. The Zippy and Techno are not redundant. I have a Techno too, and IMO it is fantastic, but I would wait until you have an older baby to get one for the reasons already mentioned. The Venezia is OK, but I think it would be redundant to have a Venezia and a Zippy. Yes, the reversible handle is nice, but if you are putting the carseat in the umbrella stroller that accepts one, your baby is going to be facing you anyway.

marit
03-01-2003, 01:30 AM
I disagree about the Kolcraft. Although it's time frame is limited, it is only $40 and well worth it in my opinion. I also didn't know what to do before my daughter was born (also thought about Venezia and Pliko and Zippy and was very confused). In the end I decided to buy the Kolcraft and wait until after she was born to see if I need anything else (It's hard resisting the temptation to buy, but it's worth it). I love it so much, it is so useful, especially in the early weeks when they fall asleep the minute you put them in the car. Nothing is as comfortable as a travel system as the Kolcraft. Once you'll feel it does not meet all your needs, then you can buy more strollers, but by that time you might have different needs then the needs you might have with a new born.