PDA

View Full Version : Footrest/legrest question...does the Swift or London have them?

mollyi
03-01-2003, 09:55 AM
Hi there...I am looking for a lightweight and compact-folding stroller...so far I am considering the Mac Daytripper, Inglesina Swift, and Chicco London. I am trying to figure out how important having a legrest/footrest is...I want my ds to be able to nap in the stroller if needed. I know that the Daytripper does not have one - does anyone know if the Swift or London do?

Thanks for the help!!

Molly (mom to Andy 2/8/02)

Melanie
03-01-2003, 07:17 PM
Alan & Denise - Has anyone told Chicco that they have a miserable website and they shouldn't bother at all? ;-) It's kind of scary in this day and age when anyone can make a website that someone who designs something which our children sit in can't do better for a website.

According to the BRU reviews the legrest does extend:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006C7EQ/qid=1046559652/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-7181873-6466256?v=glance&s=baby

Mommy to Jonah

mollyi
03-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Well, I went to BRU yesterday to try out some strollers. My son really didn't seem comfortable in the Maclaren Daytripper - he was very slouched down and just didn't seem too happy. So, I guess that is out.

There were no Chicco London's on display or on the shelf. When I asked, noone had a clue where they had gone. It sounds like there is perhaps a recall on these strollers. I am needing to get this stroller pretty soon, so I can't wait around to see what the deal is with these.

So that leaves the Inglesina Swift - which unfortunately they don't seem to sell around here. It looks like the perfect stroller for our needs - but I would really like to be able to try it out. :( If anyone has one, I would still love to know if it has a footrest/legrest that would make it more comfortable to sleep in. I would also like to know how the seat is compared to the Daytripper. From the pictures, it looks more upright and I think my ds would be much more comfortable in it. I am also confused about whether or not it comes with a rain shield. If anyone has one of these and could give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it! :) The best price I can find at the moment is babyage.com ($89.95 + $3.95 shipping).

Tondi G
03-03-2003, 01:23 PM
I've seen a few swifts on E-bay! There is a store called a running stroller store in FL and I've seen them list the Swift on E-bay. the lady is very nice and the ytest out all the strollers before they sell them..... I'd e-mail her and ask her the questions..... she was very nice when i did! Good Luck!

~Tondi

VA Mom of 1
03-03-2003, 09:45 PM
I bought a Chicco London as a second "lightweight" stroller a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Yes, it does have a leg rest to keep baby's legs out straight or it bends to 90 degrees. And, it has a footrest in a decent location (unlike the Combi Travel Saavy I looked at). Unfortunately, the London's are off the shelves right now due to a possible recall with the canopy. I just went to BRU yesterday to buy a 2nd one for my mom and learned of this.

-Kathy, Mom of Johnny 7/7/02