PDA

View Full Version : PP pliko

jrmpt
03-01-2003, 11:46 PM
I was thinking about purchasing a Peg Perego Pliko Trek b/c I read somewhere that if you use the adapter bar, you can use it w/ many major car seats. The problem is, when I did a search the bar is discontinued everywhere. Please tell me the bar comes with it now, or I no longer need the bar. I'm planning to use it w/ a Graco SnugRide. Thanx

hipmaman
03-02-2003, 12:50 AM
No, it was sold as an accessory which is no longer made or sold by Peg Perego. They encourage the purchase of its infant carseat (Primo Viaggio) instead.

But there are a few floating around on ebay. A bit more expensive than the $20 that it was originally sold in stores. But I noticed lately for about $38-39 you can get lucky to win one.

caroliner
03-02-2003, 01:32 AM
I have the adapter and yes, it is nice to have, but you really do not need it to put the Snugride into a Pliko. Just recline the seat and it fits right in.

momathome
03-02-2003, 08:07 PM
I agree. I used my Snugride with my pliko and it worked just fine without the bar. Good luck!
-Lauren

Jen841
03-03-2003, 11:10 AM
I want to do the same thing as you. I located an adapter bar at a Baby's Room (AKA USA Baby.) I have seen them on a site someone mentioned from here too, I believe strollers4less, but I could be wrong. I would not purchase the Pliko until I had this b/c I was under the impression it was a necessity. I guess I will know in a few months if my seach of the Chicago area was necessary.

Check sites that sell strollers, they may be able to help you. A man at Right Start suggested contacting Graco, but I did not value his assistance so I don't know if that is a good reference or not.

Good luck!

CDD
03-03-2003, 11:16 AM
You should check out this thread from a few weeks back:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/1885.html

I wish you luck!!

Cindy

CDD
03-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Sorry - I forgot this link as well, where the adapter bar was tried with various years of Pliko models:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/1954.html

Cindy

jrmpt
03-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Everywhere I found the adapter bar, it was not in stock or discontinued. Someone on this thread confirmed that it was not being made anymore. Anyway, I decided to splurge on the baby on the way and purchased the Venezia online. Fortunately, they still make a Venezia/ Milano adapter bar which I also purchased.

JR