PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my MBUS, with Teutonia Softbag, ideal for young baby

csa12
03-02-2003, 10:02 PM
What a great looking combination! Mind if I ask you where you got the footbag? I have a 5 week old now and with the weather getting better I have been thinking about a MBUS as my primary power walking/sole stroller ( i live in suburbia--malls, drugstores, neighborhood walking). Yours look so comfy. What environment have you used your MBUS for? Is it easy to lift in and out of your car?

Thanks for the great pix,
Cheryl :)

yahud
03-02-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm curious: did you choose not to use the mountain buggy carry cot for a specific reason? It's cheaper than the teutonia bag...
y

kaje
03-03-2003, 08:32 AM
I have used it for all kinds of environment, snow, ice, malls, inside my house, on vacation on Canary Islands (beach, town, going with buses etc).

I think it is very easy to fold, and put into the car, i guess this depends what you are used to

kaje
03-03-2003, 08:35 AM
The carry cot is rather small, and as my baby was 5 months already when I bought it, I went for the Teutonia bag. This bag I can use for much longer time.

babybabybaby
03-03-2003, 09:05 PM
Question: would you use it like this for a newborn? Do you think it would be better than the MB carrycot. I LOVE the way it looks. Good job! Very classy.

lailashawn
03-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Hi Kaje -

I love the way you have set this up! I am thinking about buying a MBUS and would love to have something to make my baby (6 months old) more comfy. How long do you think you will be able to use the bag? (i.e. until your baby is how old?)

Can I ask where you purchased the Teutonia Softbag? I looked online at the Britax Teutonia website and the Teutonia website itself and couldn't find anything with that name. Was it expensive?

Anyways, thank you for posting your pictures!

kaje
03-04-2003, 04:06 AM
I live in Norway, and in norwegian it is called "softbag";).

As I said earlier, with the plate removed, it becomes a foot muff.

In Norway the price of this is about 1/5 of a MBUS.

I recently went to the Canary Islands, and I used it there, even if it was summer temperatures, the top cover can easily be folded away. For a young baby it makes the stroller more prammy.

When he is 1 year this coming summer I will probarly not use it When the weather is warm, but start using it again next autumn/winter/spring.

(My english is not that good, but I hope you are able to understand...)

lailashawn
03-04-2003, 04:45 AM
Thank you so much for your reply kaje - your English is just fine! I understood everthing. I would love to be able to put together something like you have after I order my MBUS - thanks for sharing the picture and idea!

Laila

>

hardysmom
03-04-2003, 01:59 PM
I believe the "soft bag" shown is called a "Soft Carrycot" in the US/UK and is on the www.Britaxusa.com site. It has handles and a firm bottom so you can lift a baby out of the stroller with it, or as the baby gets older it can be converted to a footmuff (as above).

The stand alone footmuff is a different product, though it would be great as well if you didn't want/need the carrycot option.

Heritage Baby (www.heritagebaby.net) carries the Soft Carrycot-- though the only ones they have in stock match the '03 Teutonias. The can special order solid colors-- at least navy and olive.

HB sells them for $250 USD. I believe in Europe they tend to run closer to $100 USD +/- depending on the exchange rate (w/o VAT) Also, many additional colors are available in Europe, particularly in Germany. They are not super heavy, so the shipping shouldn't be too awful (under $100). They are just a hassle to find/order since they aren't distributed as widely in English speaking countries.

I think it looks like a wonderful set-up!

Stephanie

lailashawn
03-05-2003, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the info! Sounds like ordering from Europe could be the cheaper option. I will have to search around the internet after I order my MB. I wish more places in the US carried cool products like this :)

elelvee
03-05-2003, 06:03 PM
What a great idea! Do you know if the teutonia softbag fits in a Mountain Buggy Urban Double? Thanks.

kaje
08-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Hi,
I just wanted to share this with you, if you are interested.

I bought this stroller when my son was 5 months old, and I have been using it in combination with teh Teutonia Softbag (have taken out the plate in the bottom of course, it is designed as a babycarrier, and when you pull out the plate, it becomes a footbag).

This combination has been very nice for a young baby, and makes the stroller more cosy, and actually more pramlike. When it is really cold I use a sheepskin inside it, and also extra carpets.

As for the stroller it self, I can just join all the good things said about it, easy to use, very versitile, good quality!

kaje
...another picture

kaje