PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with the new Graco Quattro??

Kate123
03-02-2003, 08:17 PM
It is rather large, but wheeled very nicely and folded great. Any experience?

Kathy

getbusyliving
03-04-2003, 02:38 PM
I was considering the Quattro Travel System. You're right, it wheeled very nicely and folded very easily. However, the stroller was quite heavy compared to some lighter weight Graco models. I think we're going to register for the Graco Metrolite. It also wheels nicely (though admittedly, not as nice as the Quattro), folds down easily (though not quite as compact as the Quattro). The stroller is noticeably lighter though. Like the Quattro, the Graco Snugride car seat snaps easily into place. I also really liked the colors on the Metrolite (Glen Plaid - black/white).

MamaKath
03-05-2003, 10:34 AM
Looked great, until my 3 year old wanted to ride! :-( The steering with a 37 lber was awful! Not a winner in my book.

Sherry
03-05-2003, 11:33 AM
I saw it at BRU and thought it also looked much sturdier and had better quality than some other Graco strollers. I also liked the colors and was planning on getting the matching carseat. However, when I took it down from the display, it was heavy, much more so than it looked. I tried the Combi Perfect Match right next to it, and it was much lighter (and I had originally thought that was heavy!). The Combi costs around the same price depending on where you look to buy. I'm going to stick with the Kolcraft UCSC that I got at Target for $22 on clearance as a frame for the infant car seat. I think the Quattro may be okay to take around the neighborhood block, but to use it as a travel system might be too heavy.