PDA

View Full Version : graco vs. combi

jol
03-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Hello,
I had my heart set on a Combi Perfect Match Stroller, but when I went to look at it and register the salesman told me they did not carry it and may not be getting any more in. Instead I registered for the Graco Cirrus Lite Rider Americana Bear and I am feeling weary about that. I have not hear very many things about this stroller in particular and overall Graco has mixed reviews. Any opinions? Anyone have the Graco model? Please advise! I am overwhelmed and confused.
Some things to keep in mind:
I do not want a travel system, but I would like the stroller to be car seat adaptable preferably with the Graco SnugRide car seat.
I live in Brooklyn, NY so I will be using it outside quite a bit.
I would appreciate any help. First baby, so feeling overwhelmed.
Thanks in advance,
Jol

Tondi G
03-03-2003, 01:45 PM
my recommendation would be to go with a graco Metrolite over any of the other strollers graco offers that accomdates a Snug ride car seat! It is much lighter and many people have them and love them! There are a few places right now that have the Combi strollers discounted online.... if you are set on one then buy it there or ask people to put $ in so you can get the stroller of your chioce rather than settling for one that you are able to register for!

You can also register for a Snap and Go or a Kolcraft Univerasl car seat carrier frame that takes any infant seat and buy a stroller later when you know what you will want/need in a stroller!!!!

Good Luck!
~Tondi

bnme
03-03-2003, 02:01 PM
I have the metrolite and am happy with it, although my DS is only 2 months. Many people complain about the durabilty of Graco strollers so I can't really comment on that.
But so far:
It steers nicely, is nice and light weight, and folds up easily. I have only used it with the snugride and it works easily and DS is comfy. If you are going to be using it outside they have a model with rubber, air-filled wheels that you may want to look into.

Oh, my one complaint is that you can't access the basket when the car seat is snapped in. I don't know if they have changed that on newer models (I have French Bear). It's not a big deal for me, but I can see where it may be a problem if you plan on using it often with the seat.

Good luck!

getbusyliving
03-04-2003, 02:35 PM
I just test drove the Combi Perfect Match stroller & Graco Metrolite last night because I had heard so many great things about the Combi and it's on sale for a good price on Babystyle.com. I actually much preferred the Graco. It was quite a bit lighter and it folded down very easy. I actually thought the Combi was a little more rickety and cheaper looking than the Graco. I'm going to register for the Graco Metrolite & the Graco Snugride (which snaps in quite easily) - together it'll run about $190. I also tried the Graco Cirrus LiteRider travel system. I couldn't tell much of a difference between it & the Metrolite, except the Metrolite folded down much easier and I preferred the fabric on the Metrolite much more (Glen Plaid - black/white). The Metrolite may have been a tad lighter, but it was hard to tell. The Cirrus travel system was cheaper at $160.