PDA

View Full Version : Best jogging stroller under $150?

ast96
03-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone!

I need your wisdom. My husband is hesitant to let me buy ANOTHER stroller, but I think I need a jogging stroller. I don't "jog" a lot, but I would like to go for more walks with my 8 month old outside (we live in So. CA), to the park, etc. without worrying about my precious Zippy. I would love an MBUS, of course, but I don't know if I can talk him into spending that much. I thinkw hat I will do is wait till I am pregnant again, then get an MBUD as my only double stroller. ANYWAY, that's al ong way off. Can you guys recommend a good, solid, quality, easy to deal with jogging stroller preferably under $150? I already have a Combi US (2001 -- it's flawed and I don't use it much), a SnG (haven't used since baby was 4 months old), an Evenflo Fetaherlight (we use it as a travel stroller because it is lightweight and we don't care about it), and a Zippy (my everyday stroller, which I love and want to last through Baby #2 at least).

Thanks in advance,
Allison
Mason, 8 months

egoldber
03-04-2003, 03:35 PM
A lot of people who are not "serious" runners, like the Baby Trend jogging strollers available at BRU/TRU. Also, I have a couple friends who are occasional runners. They both have and like the Instep 10K Ultimate.

Both the BabyTrend and the Instep are available in the $100-$150 range. But neither has a swivel front wheel.

Rachels
03-04-2003, 04:30 PM
I've been researching this exact question quite a lot. For outdoor stuff with a swivel wheel, the best choices seem to be the Jeep Liberty and the InStep Safari. Everybody who has them seems to love them. Check out the recent boards on Stroller swap and parentsplace for lots of reviews.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02