PDA

View Full Version : Combi 2003 Products

mamicka
03-04-2003, 04:04 PM
I posted this on the car seat board as well...

I've really started to like the Combi strollers I've seen so I sent away for their 2003 product catalog. It shows several new strollers & an infant car seat that can be combined with the strollers to make a travel system. I can't find anything online about these new products, not even on combi's website. Does anyone know anything about them? I'm interested in both the strollers & the car seat... Any idea when they might be available?

Thanks in advance!

heidi_timms
03-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Hello!

I had called Combi a while back to ask about he differences between the 2002 and 2003 Combi Ultrasavvy strollers. I found the 2002 on sale, so I wanted to be sure they weren't coming up with any cool features or colors for 2003. The customer service rep said that the 2003 will be out in May of 2003. They are adding extra padding for the babies head and bringing out new fabrics for the 2003s. The new fabrics will be a seafoam/turquoise and some sort of red color. The new colors will have matching infant seats. I can't remember if these two new colors only would take Combi infant seats. I think that they still plan to make some of their old colors/patterns too.

My opinion on the infant seat is that it's best not to use a product that is too new/untested for accidents and crashes.

I hope this helps,

Heidi

Momof3Labs
03-05-2003, 10:31 AM
Combi can't introduce an infant seat without crash testing it - it must meet US safety standards, and that includes passing crash tests. So it is wrong to give the idea that it is untested because it is new.

That said, I would also wait on it because they might not have the "bugs" worked out of the seat in the first introduction. That can be something like a cover that slides off or a harness that is difficult (but not impossible) to adjust. Are new car seats more prone to recalls? I don't know, good question for the car seat board.