PDA

View Full Version : Zooper question - 3 or 4-wheel?

Lucy123
03-04-2003, 04:27 PM
I am considering the Zooper Walk-Air and the Zooper Buddy. I thought I wanted the walk air but cannot find it locally to test it out. Essentially, I intend to use this stroller for long daily walks (or slow jogs) on neigborhood streets and park paths, and I want to be able to use the stroller from birth, which is why the Zooper appeals. The Buddy seems nice, but my question is, what is the functional difference between a 3-wheel model and a 4-wheel model? Anyone know?

thevenemas
03-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Hi,
Even though I haven't had the pleasure of using the Zooper, I saw it on the internet and think it's a great stroller. I used a Jogging stroller (3 wheel) from 3 month up until now (my daughter is now 3,5 years), and for comfortable walking there is nothing nicer than a 3 wheeler. But you have to lift the front wheel off the ground slightly to be able to turn. But that's not a big navigate it. You are looking probably at the nicest stroller there is, in my opinion. The four wheeler has only one benefit for newborns, and that is if you want to rock them while they are asleep in the stroller and you have a nice 4wheeler with a good suspension. I haven't seen one on a Jogger, but that's probably because it would be somewhat counterproductive for jogging. If you do want to jog or go on long walks, go for the 3wheeler with the bassinet, but do check with your Pediatriation from when on he allows you to go for a jog with baby. They have all different opinions, and even though it's save for baby to go for a stroll, to go for a jog is something different. Because baby will get some shaking even on the smoothest terrain.

Hope I could help. Have fun and enjoy.

Stefanie

hardysmom
03-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Well, I can't speak to Zooper specifically, but I have used fixed 3 and 4 wheelers.

IMO, the 3 wheelers are generally (though not always) easier to turn, 4 wheelers are more stable. It depends on where the stroller carries its weight. I find 3 wheelers to be more "nimble" in tight spaces-- but then I also have a Emma Husky with 4 fixed wheels, which I find pretty easy to turn. Beyond that I think it is just a personal choice.

I have a good friend who has the Buddy-- she really likes it, but does find it difficult to turn. But then, she might feel the same way about the Walk-Air.

Stephanie

sbirmantaz
03-05-2003, 08:50 AM
HI there, I have the Zooper Buddy and love it! I got used to the fixed wheel very quickly. This stroller glides over bumpy sidewalks etc... I did try the Walk Air in the store and although I liked the looks of the 4 wheels better than the Buddy's three, it was much harder to manuever than the Buddy. It is much more clunkier and not as smooth and the Buddy. I put my newborn in the Buddy and she never woke over any large bumps...