PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Chicco London? Ponee?

angel_dy
03-05-2003, 08:33 PM
It seems that the London is no longer available at BRU. And I cannot find info anywhere else on web. Is there anywhere else I can get it? Also, does anyone have any opinions on the Chicco Ponee? Thanks!

Rachels
03-05-2003, 09:11 PM
I have the Ponee, and overall it's a great stroller. It steers beautifully, folds well, stands when folded, has a multi-position recline, and has a removable snack tray. My gripes are that the fabric is sort of slippery, so my dd slides down in it. A stroller pad helps. Also, I wonder if it would be better for a taller baby.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

angel_dy
03-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Since I can't find the London, I'm considering the Ponee...How heavy is the Ponee? How small is it when it is folded? Also, is the recline sufficient for a baby to sleep in? I like the fact that it is 1 handle bar, unlike umbrella strollers. Thanks!

Rachels
03-06-2003, 11:11 AM
I don't know the weight exactly-- somewhere in the 13-15 lb range, I'd guess. It's easy to haul around. It's very compact when folded, too. It reclines to about 30-45 degrees. Abby sleeps in it sometimes.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

trumansmom
03-06-2003, 11:25 AM
I just want to second what Rachel said about the Ponee. I use it primarily as my mall stroller. It fits great and maneuvers well between the racks while shopping.

I agree that the seat is sort of slippery. Truman slides as well. But other than that, this is my favorite stroller. (I also have a clunky Graco and a Peg Pliko Trek).

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

Rachels
03-06-2003, 12:23 PM
FWIW, I'm flirting with the idea of selling / trading my Ponee. I LOVE it, but my little bitty baby kind of gets lost in it. I hate to give it up, but wonder if there's something that might fit her better. Anybody have ideas, or is anybody interested? It's in perfect condition.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

angel_dy
03-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi Jeanne. Just wondering if you can compare the Ponee to the Pliko? I'm also considering the Pliko, but wanted to know why you prefer the Ponee? Does the Pliko fold more compactly than the Ponee? Thanks!

trumansmom
03-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Truman prefers the Pliko. I think the seat must be more comfortable. And when we go for long walks outside, I prefer it as well. But for the mall, I strongly prefer the Ponee. It's MUCH easier to steer with one hand, it fits better between the racks, the basket is bigger and more easily accessible, and it has a child tray. (I have a 2001 Pliko, so it doesn't have the tray.)

When I got the Pliko, the goal was to get rid of one or the other, and I couldn't! I really like both of them, just for different things. If I had to keep just one (like DH wishes I would!!) I guess I would have to say I'd keep the Ponee.

As for how they fold up, they both fold rather compactly, just differently. The Pliko folds skinnier, and the Ponee folds shorter. Neither one takes up too much room in my trunk.

HTH!!