PDA

View Full Version : Advice re: Teutonia Pixxel and carrycot I just purchased

dadstiger
03-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Just purchased the 2001 model and a hardsided carrycot. The carrycot does not seem to fit when the hood is attached to the stroller. The plastic mechanism for the hood makes the path to slip the carrrycot in too narrow. The only way it fits is if the cot sits on top of the platic mechanism which cannot be good for the hood. There were no instructions with my carrocot nor do the Pixxel instructions mention the carrycot. Anyone have experience with the 2 items? Advice before I contact the dealer? Also did your carrycot come with a duvet or sheet for the mattress. Mine only came with the mattress and cot but all the brochures and online pictures show additional items.

hardysmom
03-06-2003, 06:25 PM
I am not completely sure about the PiXXel, but I have a Y2K which can be used with a couple of different carrycots. The "Soft Carrycot" sits on top of the reclined seat w/ the footrest up.

I believe there are two different "hardsided carrycots," and I am not sure which one you have. I think (and I am not sure about this) that one of them can be used like the soft carrycot and placed on top of the seat without attaching to the chassis. I have seen this ones in pictures.

PiXXels and Y2Ks are sold either as "System M" which has a seat, or "System P" which is with a bassinet/carrycot. I am not positive about this, but it looks to me that in the case of the "System P", the carrycot isn't one which can just sit on top of the seat, but rather attaches to the chassis. If this is the type of carrycot you bought, that would mean that you would have to remove the seat in order to attach the cot. I'll attach a link you can check out.

To add to the confusion, the seat of the PiXXel was redesigned last year in order to be reversible, so it is possible that a new hard carrycot might not fit in an older PiXXel. The only person I know who has the carrycot and PiXXel, ordered a newer PiXXel from Germany.

Finally, I do believe that the hard carrycots are supposed to come with a duvet.

I'd definately call Heritage Baby. If they sold you the two items together, I am sure there is a way to make it work. Their service is great. They will make it right.

http://www.nurseryrhymes-retford.co.uk/3%20Wheelers.htm

Please let me know what you find out. I would like to buy a carrycot for my Y2K and have been confused about the differences between them

Stephanie

dadstiger
03-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Stephanie- I just talked to Heritage Baby and they said it should fit on top of the seat. I haven't tried it yet. They referred to it as the compact carrycot. I'm sure it is an older model because I purchased it for $79.00 a close out price. No it does not come with a duvet cover or sheet but I found a bassinet sheet that fits perfectly. Mine is black/gray plaid. It sounded as if they still had a few left. Not sure if they have other colors.