PDA

View Full Version : What accessories did you purchase for your Mountain Buggy? What color did you get?

partyof5
03-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Hello Mountain Buggy Owners!

I'm in the process of ordering a Mountain Buggy Urban Double from [link:www.baby-outfitters.com|www.Baby-Outfitters.com] (Michelle is very helpful and a pleasure to deal with!) and I would like to know what accessories did you purchase for yours? Which ones can't you live without? I'm also curious as to what color you purchased and why. I took a look at the Mountain Buggy Europe website and they have some cool and funky colors to choose from. BUT, I'll be happy just to have a Mountain Buggy to push through our Windy City snow :D

Thanks for the input!

Cindy

etwahl
03-06-2003, 08:28 PM
I ordered the Terrain Single, and it will be arriving on Saturday, so I can't wait. I ordered mine in black, because well, I love black! And it's just a classic color! Here are the accessories I ordered:

- sun shade (because I see moms always draping blankets over their strollers - the sun shade also has a pretty good UV protection, and I live in California, so a necessity!)

- carry cot (because I want to use this right away with my little one, and the carry cot turns it into a pram, which I love. You can also use it as a bed (say if you go to a friend's house and want to use it for your little one to nap with)

- fleece insert (because it is supposed to make the stroller a little more comfy, but also because it's supposed to whisk away sweat in the summer, and be super warm when it's chilly out)

Good luck! I can't wait to receive mine...and to start using it!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

whoppi
03-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Color : Navy. I wanted black but it was not in stock and I didn't want to wait so I settled for Navy. My color choice was based on the color of the stroller not clashing with the clothes that my children wear... yes you can read that again :-)... my girl wears a lot of pink and purple and my newborn boy is dressed in pale blue most of the time. We take a lot of photos of the kids, including them sitting in the stroller so I really wanted a stroller color that would look ok with what they wear.

Carry cot : I purchased the carry cot because I always wanted a Pram and getting the cot seemed like a great compromise. I took the stroller to the zoo a couple of days ago with baby (now 7 weeks) and toddler (2yrs) and the combination of cot and seat worked great. Before I got the cot I had the baby in the reclined seat with a snuggle support and it worked just fine - so the cot was a nice to have but not essential. He is also very protected from the elements in the cot with the sun shade of the cot pulled up and the cover of the stroller open as well.
The only thing with putting the baby in the reclined seat is having to fasten the harness around clothes/blankets. It is much easier just laying him down in the cot.

As for putting the stroller in the car with the cot attached, it took up the whole cargo space of my SUV and it is not light. It was a two person (two small females) job to get it to fit. I could have removed thecot & wheels which would have made it easier but I had someone waiting in the parking lot for the car space when we were leaving... I can only imagine what they were thinking seeing us getting it into the car!

A rain cover would be essential in a windy city.

I also got the travel bag and am very glad I did. If we travel with the stroller (via airports) then it will definitely be checked with the luggage. I am used to gate-checking a 7lb Maclaren Volo so although the MBUD steers like a dream and fits through doors the weight & folded size of the stroller makes it too heavy and big to gate check (IMHO - in my humble opinion).

lukkykatt
03-06-2003, 11:25 PM
I got my MBUD in Ocean Cloud, which I think is a really nice color. The name sounds a little cutesy, but it is a shade of blue/gray, which I thought was a nice change from navy, but still great for 2 boys!

I purchased it with the rain cover, which is a must for cold/windy/rainy weather. I plan on ordering the fleece inserts for additional comfort, and will probably get the sun shade in the summer.

I got mine from Baby Outfitters too. You will love dealing with them!

m2two
03-07-2003, 08:33 AM
I have a MBUS in black which looks great, accessories i have are a suncover, raincover and a stroller sheepskin (i was lucky enough to find a charcoal one which just looks awesome on the black MB).

susabusa
03-07-2003, 09:40 AM
I ordered (but haven't received yet) the forest green MBUS. Thought it would be a pretty color and more exciting than navy or black -- although I contemplated the black for a long time. I finally just had DH pick a color. I also ordered the carry cot -- I love the look of a pram and since the baby will spend a lot of time in it this summer on walks and at the park I wanted something cushy and something that faced me. It is my 3rd baby, and I'd given everything else away. I wanted to splurge a little on this stroller. I can not wait for it to arrive! And the warm weather to use it!

Stephanie
due 4/15 with #3

Calmegja
03-07-2003, 10:26 AM
I have a black MBUD, and I ordered the raincover, ordered a pareo from Solarveil to use as the sunshield (because it was cool, cheaper, and matched the stroller). I have a lock, and 2 Bowron fleece inserts (purchased at Organic Bebe- about half the price of MB's site)...

I don't know if it counts as an accessory, but I also purchased a Little Tripper diaper bag in black, because it matched the stroller, hung perfectly from the handles, and just works.....;-)

I was considering getting the travel bag, but it has a hole on one end, so for my purposes, that wouldn't be useful, so I bought a softsided cartop carrier (black yet again...I'm sensing a trend here) for when we take a bigger trip, and I want to bring the MBUD....

I think that's it.....

Jessica

gravymommy3
03-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Cindy,

I also ordered mine from BabyOutfitters. Michelle and Kit are the absolute best to deal with. My MBUD is Ocean Cloud and it is beautiful. We got the rain cover (it is so easy to use), the travel bag (buggy has to ride on the roof for trips to Disney), a lock (just in case...), the handle bar extension (DH is 6'4" ) and the tire pump (which Kit cleverly mounted on the stroller for us.)

We now have no money left, but we have one smokin' stroller. Good luck on yours.

partyof5
03-09-2003, 12:44 AM
Hi Andrea and Amy!

I love, love, love the ocean cloud color but I'm worried about it getting dirty, especially with the snow and salt here in the Windy City. Have either of you had any problems cleaning it or keeping it clean? Michelle suggested that if I do get it in the ocean cloud I could scotch guard it. I have a swatch of the fabric but it's hard to get an idea of what the whole stroller would look like. Is it more grey or more blue?

Cindy

Kate888
03-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi Cindy, I was in the same situation as you! Although I love the Ocean Cloud, I'm afraid the winter snow here in MI will ruin it. The fabric of the MB is already treated, but still... Therefore I ordered the Grape instead (it's a rich, beautiful color). The Ocean Cloud has more grey than blue IMHO, more like slate blue.

But if you really really LOVE the Ocean Cloud, maybe you should go for it, or you will be looking at your MB and wondering if you made the right color choice (I like both colors, so it doesn't really matter to me). It's a major purchase, so pick something that pleases you :)

My 2 cents, HTH.

BTW, I also ordered from Baby Outfitters. Can't wait to receive mine!

Kate :)
Mom to Maya 2-17-02

gravymommy3
03-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Cindy,

All of the colors are beautiful. We went with Ocean Cloud (sight unseen!) because we plan on taking our buggy to Disney a lot. Some of the rental strollers there are purple and some are red, so we wanted something that would stand out (but not black because we worried about the heat factor.) We also thought that the spruce (which I really like) would also be a little on the hot side. So we picked the OC without even seeing what it looked like - just took Michelle's description of it and decided.

Anyway, the buggy got here and I opened the package and it was beautiful. I promptly took the kids to the mall in it and my DS got chocolate on it. It wiped out for the most part (I figured that it will end up with battle scars no matter what!) Down at Disney, he got his hair cut and they put this electric blue gel in it. Of course that got all over the buggy but it wiped right off.

Scotchguard it (my mother always scotchguarded everything) and it will be fine. Hope you enjoy your buggy. I absolutely love mine and whenever I am pushing it, I turn into such a stroller snob (I see other kids being pushed in cruddy strollers and actually feel sorry for them!!)

Hope that helps

lukkykatt
03-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi Cindy,

I just took a look at my stroller so I could give you the most accurate description. To me, I would describe the color as blue with a grey tone. Definately more on the blue side, though. It is dark enough that keeping it clean has not been an issue, although the weather was so crummy until recently that I have only had it outside twice.

I am definately someone who is picky about keeping things clean, and to be honest with you, it never even occurred to me that this color would get dirty too easily! I was thinking more that some of the darker colors might get too hot in the summer, but if you are in the Windy City, maybe that will not be as much of an issue for you...
I also thought that it seemed like such an easy stroller to clean - you can just hose it down or take of the seats and throw them in the washing machine. So, I went with the color I liked the most!

HTH!

partyof5
03-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Amy & Andrea,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the ocean cloud. I'm still up in the air about what color to choose. My DH chose black since he can't see himself pushing around a purple stroller and blue was to light for him but I really like the grape and ocean cloud. I joked with Michelle that I wish Mountain Buggy didn't have so many nice colors to choose from :7

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to solve my dilemma by purchasing a MBUD in black and a MBUS is whatever color I want-LOL!

Cindy

lailashawn
03-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Hi Cindy! I also ordered from Baby Outfitters - I ordered the MBUS in ocean cloud. I ordered this color because I wanted a lighter color since we live in inland southern california and our summers are so dang hot. I considered the Navy and Black, but already have a navy Mac Vogue and the black would be too hot I thought. I also ordered the sun canopy because of where we live, the tire pump, and ordered a stroller fleece insert from www.babybungalow.com.

I haven't received my MBUS yet - it's due to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday - I can't wait - I'm really hoping and crossing my fingers that I like the color!

Good luck with your purchase!

yahud
03-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Hi,

To get back to the original topic... are there any particularly useful third-party products that work well with the MB? Obviously there is the official MB stuff -- the sunshield and rain cover and fleece, etc. But how about other items: toys, bags, innovations and improvisations that have been adapted to the MBUS?

Thanks,

y

Calmegja
03-11-2003, 10:26 AM
The StrollerCool by Childress works well as a drink holder, and it's about $19.95....it attaches perfectly....I also know the Right Start has an insulated tote (I use it on my Pliko), and it functions much in the same way,and works really well.....

The Lil Tripper Land's End bag works really well, hanging off the handle- the strap adjusts to make it seem like it was made for it.

The pareos by Solarveil fit really well as a sunshield....

ginalc
04-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Can you further explain how you attach the pareo by Solarveil to your stroller?

Thanks,

gina