PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Question

mommyb
03-06-2003, 10:17 PM
I am looking at all terrain strollers and have almost committed to the Mountain Buggy Urban. I wanted to check out the Kiwi as well. Is there a website? Anyone know of any on-line retailers?

Told DH that buying a new stroller would be cheaper than therapy - sick of being stuck inside with DS (8 weeks) with all the snow on the East Coast.

egoldber
03-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Here's the website for the Kiwi Explorer: https://secure2.siliconblue.com/babybuggy.co.nz/frameset.htm

There was also a recent thread on all terrain doubles that talked about the Kiwi. This is actually carried by a fair number of retailers. I saw one at a BuyBuyBaby retail store.

There are less expensive options for an all terrain stroller. The Instep Safari, Emmaljunga EC and EC Sorts (on eBay) as well as Zoopers, and many other jogging strollers, etc. may be worth looking at.

HTH,

kiwi_dad
03-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Try searching on eBay for Kiwi Explorer as well.

zen_bliss
03-08-2003, 01:19 AM
you mentioned snow... i was just recently mulling over kiwi vs mountain buggy vs bugaboo. the thing that pushed me toward mountain buggy is that apparently the kiwi is steel and has rust issues (for me, i'd like to use it on the beach and in mountain snow.) i looked at a chart comparing all the competitors and it looked like the MB was also lighter. i wish i could remember where i saw it.. it helped me decide.

mommyb
03-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Thanks for responding. I have decided on the MBUS b/c it is lighter weight and won't rust. I plan to use it mostly away from home and need to be able to lift it into my SUV. Also, we plan to take it to the beach with us this summer. I am still nervous about buying a stroller without test driving it first, but the shipping is cheaper than the gas to go see it at the closest dealer!

Megieblue
03-08-2003, 06:16 PM
You'll be very happy with with it! I bought my MBUD sight unseen a year ago and have been thrilled with it. I believe Alan at Sycamore Kids will pay return shipping if you're not totally happy too. Enjoy!