PDA

View Full Version : Bugaboo VS Mountain Buggy

mama2be
03-07-2003, 10:34 PM
I know I know this has been asked before...I just spent a good 45 minutes searching thru the archives looking for it. But since so many of us are with fresh babies or about to be figured others might want to know as well.

I am considering one of these strollers to complement my huge Bertini Sport...

Any advice. I would mainly use it for rougher terrain, outdoors, walking on the golf course, parks with paths etc...
I also forgot the name of the women owned compnay in Maryland that carries both. I'd like to give them my business since "mommy owned"...anyone remember who they are and where they are???

Thanks!!!

partyof5
03-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Hi Neve!

The company you are thinking of is [link:www.baby-outfitters.com|www.baby-outfitters.com]. They are sooooo nice and informative. I've been talking to Michelle about the Mountain Buggy and she is just the sweetest! You should give her a call ASAP because apparently the Mountain Buggys have been selling like hotcakes. They can probably go over the pros and cons of both strollers with you because they are very knowledgable of their products. Good luck and happy shopping! :D

Cindy

mama2be
03-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Cindy,

Thank you so much!!! I have heard great things about them and would like to give them my business!!!

You're awesome thanks!!!

etwahl
03-08-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm curious what you decide on. I forgot to mention to you in my email that one reason I really liked the MB was because I wanted a three-wheel (sort of jogger)...so I really didn't ever look at the bugaboo, but the bugaboo looks great.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

mama2be
03-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Hey girlie...:)

We were just telling Tristan, "today is your girl friends due date!!!!" he coo'd :)...

It is so funny we just got our tax refund and I'm searching for another stroller and I get on line and Steve has all of these responses (in his email box) from folks selling NSX parts and motorcycle parts to upgrade the car and the motorcycle...so we are sure to go into debt with spending our tax money TWICE (behind eachothers backs)....

I should post this...but I find it strange the time he has had off I catch him lurking on the car boards and motorcycle boards as if he is grasping desperatly to a part of himself that will never be the same post baby!!! :)...

Did you get your MB yet???
I find myself wanting one of them (bug vs MB), but really know I need something that I can take in the woods, to parks and push easily ont he coarse. We also might get a sail boat in the next few months and want something that I can take out in the town and stash on the boat (which my beloved Bertini would not do)...:)...

skgrabarz
03-08-2003, 12:20 PM
I have to second the praise of Baby Outfitters. My girlfriend and I - with husbands went out there a few weeks ago - and Michelle was great!!! She went over Pros and Cons of BOTH strollers - and let us make the decision. She spent a great deal of time with us, which was very helpful when you are investing that much in a stroller! We ended up getting the Bugaboo - seemed to work the best for our lifestyle. Can't wait to get it!! By the way - Michelle said that the Bugaboo CAN NOT be used as a jogger - so you may want to keep that in mind.

Sarah

etwahl
03-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Sounds like you and Steve both have desires to spend lots of money - him on his pre-baby life :) and you on your post-baby life :) I'm sure you guys will find a balance. If not, just tell him what he can and can't do!! HA!

The MB is supposed to be coming by Fedex today sometime. I'm so excited! Now I'll just need my babe to go in it. I plan to use mine around the lake a lot. I'm SOOOO excited about getting the carry cot. I pre-ordered it when it was only $119 and now they're $149, so I'm glad I pre-ordered. I will definitely give a review once I get it.

If you search on bugaboo, you'll probably get some reviews. I think you've already decided on the bugaboo though (if I know you, and I think I do!) Am I right?

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Megieblue
03-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Tammy,

Just curious. Your tag says Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003. Are you having your baby later today or is that your due date?

Jennifer

mama2be
03-08-2003, 06:48 PM
We hope she is having that baby today!!!
Send labor vibes her way!!!!

etwahl
03-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Jennifer - that's my due date, but alas, my sweet little angel has a schedule of her own and is not telling me what it is...so I am just left to wait. Granted, considering today is my due date, I haven't had to wait that long it seems, but since everyone, including me, thought I'd go a week early, it seems like I'm a week late rather than just on time right now. AHHHH, it seems like it could be a fairly substantial wait :(

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!