PDA

View Full Version : Changing flats on Zooper Sport

smomom
03-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Has anyone ever had to change the tires on their Zooper sport - or any other Zooper model? We had our first flat today and have had an awful time trying to change it.

Is there a trick to it that we are missing?

hardysmom
03-08-2003, 10:13 PM
I don't have a Zooper, but do have a stroller w/ air tires. Do you have a tire tool to remove the tire from the rim?

Where/How exactly did you run into trouble?

Stephanie.

smomom
03-10-2003, 09:50 AM
I ran into trouble removing the tire. We didn't have a tire removal tool - just a couple of screwdrivers. So they make a special tool to remove a tire, huh? Gee.... I did not know that (first-time mom and long time since I have even ridden a bike). I will try to find one and see if that makes life easier. I still have one more tire to go!

thanks for your help. I also emailed Zooper, but haven't heard back yet.

Hannahsmom
03-10-2003, 03:07 PM
I have the Zooper Buddy. We had trouble with a flat not long after we started using it. I used the pump they provided to refill and it was flat again in no time. I brought the wheel into a local bike shop and they replaced the inner tube (~$4). Some how a thorn had lodged its way into the inner tube. You might want to check that. We've had no trouble since then (almost a year now)

Good Luck,
Barbara

hardysmom
03-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah, the tire tool is the "best kept secret" which keeps many a bike shop in business.

You can get them either at a bike shop or even the bike department of Walmart, Target, etc... The are just these little plastic thingys(that is the technical term) which run between the tire and rim to wedge it off. They allow you to take off the wheel in (no exaggeration) less that a minute. A set costs about $1-$2. Much easier than screwdrivers.

If you want to patch on your own tube-- you just remove the tire, remove the tube and hold it under water (like in the sink) to see where the leak is (if you can't see it). Patch with some glue or glueless stickers from a patch kit (which also costs about $2) You are done and ready to go. The whole process takes under 15 minutes.

You can also buy spare tubes at a bike shop (very cheap) for when/if you don't have the time or ability to do the patch. When we travel, I keep one in a baggy in my suitcase just-in-case.

Stephanie