PDA

View Full Version : Kangaroo Korner Fleece Pouches - Which Shoulder & Color?

August Mom
03-08-2003, 05:50 PM
With DS getting heavier and with all of your great comments about the Kangaroo Korner Fleece Pouches, I've decided to order one. Now, I have to decide which color is best. I originally was thinking that I wanted black, although maybe that's not the best choice for spring and summer. Also, I was wondering if the black picks up and shows lint badly. If anyone has black, I would really like to know how well it's holding up. Cappuccino and Quiet Night also looked nice. Does anyone have any color recommendations (or any colors that they aren't pleased with)? Also, could you please describe Cappuccino and Quiet Night for me?

Also, which shoulder do I want to wear the pouch on? I am right handed, so based on the website, it sounds like I want to carry DS on my left hip, with the pouch on my right shoulder. Is this your experience? Now, without a pouch, I generally carry DS on my right side, but I think that's because I'm right handed and my right arm is stronger. TIA

Megieblue
03-08-2003, 06:10 PM
I've never seen any of the colors you've mentioned BUT I own the charcoal and the ecru. I originally bought the charcoal because I tend to wear darker colors and thought it'd blend in to what I wear better and be more "me" but after having my baby in July and wearing it for a month over the summer, I realized it was too dark for a Califonia summer - not too hot, just too dark. So, I ordered the ecru one and I've been quite happy. I use both now depending on what I'm wearing. I've never noticed either one picking on any lint.

I wear my pouch over my left shoulder because although I'm right handed, I'm much more comfortable having the baby on my right hip. I found that even though the right arm was stronger and preferred for that reason, it had become "natural" for me and therefore would have been uncomfortable to switch. HTH!

mama2be
03-08-2003, 06:52 PM
I have the black...and have only used it a few days thus far. It does not appear to pick up lent (I was certain it would). I am right handed but mine is over my left shoulder. I am in Raleigh NC and today was a pretty day and I must say I personally got hot with it on...but love it!!!! That wouldn't deter my use of it. I suspect I will get a lighter color come summer, but I wear a lot of black thus I got black. Tristan falls instantly into "la la land" once he is tucked in the pouch.

gour0
03-08-2003, 07:34 PM
I was going to order the ecru, but thought it might look dirty faster so I ended up going for the quiet night. She hasn't shipped it yet so I'm not sure how it looks. I did follow their advice about the right shoulder for right handed people so I'll let you know when I get it how that is (after Benjamin arrives that is!) Not much help I guess... sorry. :)

Calmegja
03-09-2003, 02:52 PM
I have the black, right shoulder snapped, so babe sits on my left hip. I have a medium with 5 rows of snaps.

It shows lint occasionally, but a quick run through the wash, and a lint roller, and we're good to go.

I am thinking of getting a lighter one for summer, but haven't made up my mind yet. It doesn't show much more lint than my sage one from Cozy Baby Sling..I did have Tanya from KK make me a water sling from Solarveil fabric for summer swimming...and you can guess the color...black!

I like the black, but then again, I like my black strollers, my black dipe bags, my back purses, my black...do you see a pattern here? Or a a rut! ;)