PDA

View Full Version : Last minute advice

zbird
03-09-2003, 04:03 AM
We're getting closer to pulling the trigger. We are still looking at Pliko, Savvy and Chicco. Are the baskets pretty similar between these brands or are some on the larger or smaller size? We're going to want to put the diaper bag in it, a grocery bag or two, etc.

Also, anyone know where to get the best deals on Plikos? I see deals on Savvys all over the place.

Thanks.

Momof3Labs
03-09-2003, 11:06 AM
The Pliko and Chicco basket are fairly comparable, but I can't see them supporting much weight (like in two grocery bags). I hang my diaper bag over the handles of these strollers. You could hang plastic grocery bags over the handles, too.

I think that the Savvy basket is much smaller. But, really, none of the three has an amazing or a strong basket.

The best Pliko deal I found lately was at Value City - $99 for a 2001 Pliko travel system. eBay has some Pliko deals, too, and sometimes Stroller Swap.

momathome
03-09-2003, 03:47 PM
There is a great deal on dmartstores.com for a Peg Pliko - $119!!! I'm not sure about shipping, though. I have a pliko and love it. None of the strollers you mentioned, though, would be great for hauling groceries, certainly not gallons of milk or bottles of soda. The pliko basket is decent but on the flimsy-side. The nice thing about this basket is that you can access it from the sides when the stroller seat is reclined, something that is virtually impossible on most other strollers. I hang my diaper bag from the handles and usually put coats and small bags in the basket. Good luck!
-Lauren