PDA

View Full Version : Grocery cart toddler seat covers?

daisymommy
04-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Has anyone ever seen covers for the little infant/toddler seats that are mounted on grocery carts? Joshua outgrew his infant carseat, but cannot yet seat up in a shopping cart (still wobbles off to the side). He is too heavy to carry in a sling the entire time I grocery shop, so I am resigned to putting him in the little cart seats...YUCK. I usually wipe them out with a wipe and lay a blanket in it, but would love to find a place that sells covers for them--there has to be a place out there somewhere, but I can't find it!
Any suggetions?
Thanks again as aways :)

August Mom
04-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Do you have a Bundle Me or Wrap and Ride? I think that either of those would work. I haven't seen a cover specific to those seats, though. Maybe you can design such a product. :) I think that's how the Clean Shopper, et al. got started.

blnony
04-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Your baby is about the same age as my DD. We started using a baby ala cart and its great. Its about the same thing as a buggy bag and floppy seat. You can look at them on the web. It makes shopping so much easier and clean for the baby.
Also, it cuts out the need for them to have to lay. They can sit up in the cart and enjoy the ride.

lvp49
04-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Try http://www.cleanshopper.com/ They are pricey, but very cool, and easy to use.

daisymommy
04-03-2003, 05:43 PM
We have a Floppy Seat, but Joshua seems to tip to the side or scoot forward (like he's slipping through the leg holes), because he can't sit up well enough yet. I've thought about designing and making a new seat cover though!

hunter2000
04-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Hi DaisyMommy,

I have tried all of them and by far the BEST liner on the market is the Buggy Bagg. I have two (one for each car)and have been a religious user since my son was a few months old (He is now almost three and I am still using it). The Buggy Bagg is the most expensive of the bunch, but the old adage you get what you pay for, is so true with a cart liner product. I was VERY disappointed with the baby a la cart's comfort factor (no padding...it was if I was putting Hunter into the cart with nothing) and you could not put it in with one hand...very ackward. The NoJo thing at Babies R Us does not cover anything so it's a free for all for germs, the Clean Shoppper/Floppy Seat fell apart after just a few washings and it was also ackward to install (bad customer service and I waited weeks for a response from them when I wanted to exchange mine).
I am admittedly an anti-germ freak, and since purchasing the Buggy Bagg, I can shop in peace kowing my son is comfortable and safe. I would pay the extra amount and get the Buggy Bagg. I purchase mine for gifts at www.babybagsdirect.com. They always have a sale price and are very customer service oriented. Baby Bags Direct has a ton of patterns to choose from and they will custom make one for you for the same price. Check it out. I promise you will not be sorry.

Good Luck!