PDA

View Full Version : I've crossed that line between rational and insane...

jojo2324
04-06-2003, 01:22 AM
Well, it was bound to happen. I spotted a NICE stroller while walking down the street today. It was parked in front of a shoe store, so I peeked through the windows and saw a young family inside. I walked right up to them and blurted out, "Excuse me? Is that your Mountain Buggy???"

After apologizing umpteen times about being a crazed psycho lady off the street, the 'rents told me to go push it around and see if I liked it. Well, I felt pretty foolish doing that (even more so that approaching absolute strangers and going off about how much of a moose my stroller is), but did push it a little bit and it was positively dreamy!

Sigh. Now to share the joy with DH...:D

kapow
04-06-2003, 08:43 AM
You are not alone! I stopped a young mom with a Zooper and a nanny pushing a One Step Ahead jogger to ask them about it. They still had their passengers inside, so I didn't push them around, but it was great to see these strollers in action and get first-hand comments.

I'm hoping that the warmer weather will bring out a MB Urban and a Bebecar Raider so I can check them out... :)

Calmegja
04-06-2003, 09:01 AM
I've gotten stopped for my slings and for my strollers before. I never mind answering questions, or letting people look at them....

I've assaulted two Teutonia "drivers", myself... ;-)

My Mac and my MBUD get more questions than anything else.

candybomiller
04-06-2003, 09:06 AM
GUILTY! I've been know to totally accost strangers and ask them about their strollers. I've even tried to inconspicuously follow the strollers to find out more about them. Fortunatly I've yet to be arrested for stalking! I'm sure it's only a matter of time. :)

Candy
Slightly crazed Mom to Matt, 5/22/02

ginalc
04-06-2003, 11:34 AM
I don't mind sharing information with people - especially when I LOVE the product! I stopped 4 moms in the mall over spring break to test drive their doubles (loaded with children!). I first ask them what they like best about it, then what would change if they could. Most moms like to share stories and are pretty honest since they have nothing to lose from telling the truth!

marit
04-06-2003, 01:39 PM
It happened to me too...

I saw a stroller I didn't recognize but looked nice, so I stopped the parents to ask them what it was. Much to my surprise and shame it was a graco!!! boohoo...

momathome
04-06-2003, 04:30 PM
I just got stopped today and was asked about my Mac Vogue - I was only too happy to tell about how much I love it! I always get asked about my Peg Pliko Sherpa Bubble because the color combination is somewhat unique. I never mind - with the time, money, and energy I have put into researching and purchasing these strollers, I welcome the questions!
-Lauren