PDA

View Full Version : Strollers

ywolf
04-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Are their any strollers where the baby faces you ?

hardysmom
04-06-2003, 12:02 PM
There are several-- Peg Perego Venezia and Milano have reversible handles, as do several Apricas. I used a Milano for thre first several months and LOVED this feature.

Several Zooper and Teutonia strollers have reversible seats (and a few handles)

Reversible handles are more convenient b/c you don't have to remove the baby from the stroller to change the view.

Many prams also offer this feature.

I also see Graco type strollers at the mall which reverse, but I don't know the models.

Stephanie

jd11365
04-07-2003, 06:11 AM
Snap n Go and Universal -- Infant only.

Venezia and Milano -- Very large.

Kolcraft Ranger (Kmart) -- Less quality, only front wheels swivel when handle is reversed...makes turning difficult when reversed.

We wanted the reverse handle...our most important feature when looking for a stroller, but learned this is only important when they are babies as they want to see the world as toddlers. So, we bought the Universal for baby and a Pliko P3 for toddler. We don't have a baby to tell you if we made the right decision, but the little teddy bear sitting in the stroller for now looks like he is enjoying the ride! :-)

Jamie
EDD 5/9/03

caroliner
04-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Teutonia Regent has a reversible handle. It is a great feature, and not just for a younger baby. When the sun is in your older baby or toddler's face, a quick flip of the handle takes care of it. Love this feature!!

Rachels
04-07-2003, 02:45 PM
If your baby is still in an infant seat, the Kolcraft Universal Carseat Carrier also works. I used this and the Venezia until Abigail was older and preferred to face out.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ameelo
04-07-2003, 09:15 PM
The Bugaboo Frog also has a reversible handle and seat. So depending on the wheels you want forward (differing terrain), you can either rotate the handle and/or reverse the seat. It was one of the reasons the Bugaboo lured me in.

HTH,

Amee

strollerqueen
04-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Almost all prams have this feature. I have a Silver Cross, and I still keep DS in it facing me, even though he has just turned 2! I would much rather see his cute little face than the back of his head.

On most prams, you actually lift out the seat and switch it around. It is very easy, they just clip in at the sides. Another nice feauture of these is that some form a carrycot. I had an Inglesina Cross, ( lightweight pram w/ swivel wheels), that did this. It has long carry straps on both sides. You just flip a lever and pull it out. One day it was pouring rain and I walked to a nearby B-Day party. I pulled the canopy all the way down, and used the boot. Then when we got to the house, I just lifted the seat right out, and carried DS in. He slept through the whole thing, and was as dry as a bone.

I also have the other version, the reversible handle, instead of the seat. It is on the Peg Roma. This is a lighter and more compact folding stroller, so I can keep it in the trunk. It also has large footboards which my pre-schooler can stand on.

In addition to the Inglesina, Peg, and Silver Cross, I have also had an Emmaljunga Brasilia and Viking w/ reversible seats, and 2 APricas w/ reversible handles. I think it is great to face your child!

Unfortunately, they are scarcer now. They used to be a lot more common, before travel systems kind of took over.