PDA

View Full Version : Lands End Diaper Back Pack??

gatorgal99
04-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Lands End Diaper Back Pack? It seems to be the favorite among the posters and seems to have what I am looking for.

Can you only purchase it online or is there a retail store I can go to? Is $39 a good price online or can I find it cheaper somewhere else. The price seems reasonable but I'm always looking for a deal!

Thanks,

Amy

sunny2003
04-06-2003, 02:11 PM
You may be able to get the back pack from Sears since the stores are starting to carry Lands End stuff - saw some beach towels and clothing there recently but did not check out diaper backpacks.

Also, I have a credit card through primerebates.com (National City Visa) that gives me 10% off of Lands End paper gift certs and 13% electronic gift certs - you buy the gift certs with this credit card and then use at the Lands End site giving yourself a 10% or 13% discount!

HTH

ginalc
04-06-2003, 09:59 PM
You can call Land's End and ask for the number for one of their Outlet Stores. All returns to Land's End go to the Outlet stores, even if they're unopened and unused. You might save a few dollars there.

I just purchased the Back Pack and forgot how cool they are when they are brand new! They have several pockets, and come with a super-huge changing pad, large dirty-duds zippered pouch, a bottle holder, and a see-through toiletry style bag that fastens with velcro. Used it last night when DS and I went to the book store and it felt SOOOOOOOOO good on my back while shopping! The padding is amazing and it feels so light even when loaded! Definitely worth the $39.

I also have the Do-It-All and the Day-Tripper. These are two years old and have been used daily and still look brand new. All good choices!

gatorgal99
04-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Thanks so much for all the suggestions. One more question though...what are the Do-It-All & Day-Trippers? Do they serve a different purpose then just the backpack?

ginalc
04-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Yes. The Do-It-All is great for Day-Care, Leaving it the car, etc. It's a terrific bag for storing a bunch of stuff, but it has one shoulder carry strap and I can't imagine carrying it as my everyday bag. I load mine with toys, books, tons of diapers, wipes, etc. and leave it as my emergency bag in the van.

The Little Tripper is the one I use the most for 3-4 hour outings. I also use this as my purse because it looks more like an adult bag. For longer outings I use the Back Pack.

I called the on-line number and had the clerk go get different bags and compare them for me.