PDA

View Full Version : Can you actually wear your Bjorn and NOT kill your back?

etwahl
04-06-2003, 05:08 PM
This thing is a killer on the back. Does that pain go away as you get used to it? And also, my friend said it's better when it's adjusted, but that it's pretty much impossible to adjust yourself (e.g. pull the straps further down your back). How do you cope? I like this and want to wear her in it, but jeez it hurts.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003

whoppi
04-06-2003, 06:56 PM
I could never wear the baby bjorn for longer than an hour with baby even at 10lbs without getting lower back pain.
I got a Kangaroo Korner adjustable pouch for second baby and wear it at least 6 hours a day and have never had back pain!

DD 01/01 & DS 01/03

August Mom
04-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Yes, I have worn the Bjorn without back pain. I wore it for especially long periods when DS was really little. It definitely needs to be adjusted properly to be comfortable, though. Actually, I found it was best when the adjustable plastic piece in the back was further up. I believe the instructions say it should be between your shoulder blades. This actually can be done while wearing your baby in it, but it's easier if you do it while the baby is asleep, in the bouncer, etc. I adjusted it in front of a mirror. Also, I have found that as DS has gotten heavier, the Bjorn is more comfortable if it's really tight around the waist. These straps are very easy to adjust while wearing the Bjorn with the baby inside. HTH

danix
04-07-2003, 01:09 PM
How old is yours? We went to Europe in Fall of 2001 and neglected to bring ours with us, so we had to buy one. To my surprise, it had been redesigned, and the new one was much more comfortable with sturdier latches.

August Mom
04-07-2003, 03:44 PM
I got mine in the summer of 2002 and it is the "redesigned" model. I am fairly sure that Tammy's Bjorn also has the new design.