PDA

View Full Version : MBUS vs. Dreamer Design Jogging Stroller

cnoble
04-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Help! I'm narrowing down my choices for an AT stroller. I looked at a Zooper Buddy this weekend, but it was SO heavy (I'm 5' tall and 100lbs when I'm not pregnant, so weight is a factor). I was at Great Beginnings and Brian suggested I go with a jogging stroller like the Dreamer Design b/c it is much lighter in weight and would suit my purposes (just need a stroller that can get me comfortably over gravel roads, through fields, light terrain). I liked the Dreamer Design but they don't carry Mountain Buggy's so I really couldn't compare the two.

Does anyone have any advice that would help with this decision? Is the MBUS heavy? Does it have more features than a jogger that I would be missing?

Any advice to help me through this decision would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Christy

Expecting first 7/14

marcy1
04-07-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm also 5ft and weigh around 100lbs so I was looking for a lightweight stroller that I could put in and out of the car, easy to push, etc. Anyway, I love it, its been great, I bought it from babyoutfitters.com, they gals there are super helpful. I'm not familiar with the dreamer design so I can't compare the two~sorry. Oh, and my daughter is happy with the MBUS too!

strollerqueen
04-07-2003, 01:28 PM
The MBUS single is 19 pounds, the Terrain is 17. Really not too bad. I think the Dreamer is heavier, you can check their website. For sure it is bigger, bulkier, and harder to fold. I tried out the older version before I selected the MB. No way I could deal with it. The new one is wider and heavier, too.

cpmurphyboy
04-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Okay. I don't LOVE my Dreamer Design. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the MBUS. Of course, now I'm pregnant again and am considering the MBUD. Anyway, the things I don't like about the Dreamer Design is the damn seatbelt. I have gotten my fingers caught in them so many times. I actually dread clicking the thing shut. Hope I don't catch my daughters fingers in them. Also, the canopy on it stopped working after just a few weeks. Once I bring the canopy forward, gravity causes it to collapse. So, we've had to devise our own strap to keep it hooked to the handle bar so it doesn't fall down.

Just some advice:)
Kristen

mamagoosie
04-07-2003, 04:21 PM
I love my MBUS - I'm also 5'. I'm from the DC area and I got the mbus at babyoutfitters - http://www.banjobaby.com/default.asp They have excellent customer service.

I ordered it online and didn't see it before buying but they are up in Ellicott City so I think you could go up there and take a look at it if you wanted.

I find the light weight wonderful, and it steers incredibly easily. I recommend it highly.

Alex

zoethebeagle
04-07-2003, 05:00 PM
I have the 16 inch wheel DD suspension and I LOVE it!!!! I've had no problems with the sunshade and I actually think it is the best I have seen on any stroller. But- unless you are going to use the stroller for jogging, I think you may be better off with with the MB. We use the DD for walking, jogging and running and it does very well on all surfaces but it is big- I never take it in my car- it just lives in my garage and I use my Zippy on the go (which I also LOVE!!!!) From what I've read on this board, an AT stroller might be better for you if you are not going to be running/jogging alot