PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Moms of more than 1 child

khakismom
04-07-2003, 01:02 PM
After your 2nd baby, did you still keep and use your single strollers? I own a bunch of single strollers and am debating selling them if I know I won't use them anymore. Specifically, the ones I'm thinking of selling are the Combi Travel Savvy and the BabyTrend single jogger. Will I use the single jogger again--now that I have the double, and will have 2 kids? Same with the Combi? I bought a 2001 Vogue to replace it as my liteweight model, but I read a post from Strollerqueen that the Combis weighing 7-10 pounds--which mine does--are a thing of the past with Combi's new lineup. So maybe I should keep it if they're not going to make them anymore.

So, to sum up, will I still need my singles, or should I shed some of them? Thanks for all your help ladies! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03

Calmegja
04-07-2003, 01:14 PM
I have more singles than doubles....they are very necessary.

When my babes are tiny, I sling baby, and push a single stroller.

When babe is older, I use the double, or, more often, if I have another adult with me, we each push a single stroller.

Then, eventually, your older child won't want to ride anymore, and you'll need the single for the younger one.

Variety is the spice of life, though. I wouldn't be able to be down to just one kind of stroller.

;)

lukkykatt
04-07-2003, 02:33 PM
You will definately need at least a lightweight stroller and a midsize or outdoor stroller. Sometimes you only have one child with you. Sometimes your older child will want to walk. And then, you will still need a single for your baby after your older child doesn't want to ride any more.

pamela mom of 3
04-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Oh no i think singles still have a place, sometimes you only have one child with you, sometimes your just going in/out and the elder doesn't need a ride for a short period. etc.etc.

Even though i have three children who still ride in strollers, i still can find purpose for my singles.

You don't always want a double since no matter what the model they are never as nice as a single IME.

Oh and yes the savvy z are now DX and now something else LOL and much heavier!

:)

strollerqueen
04-08-2003, 03:35 AM
I agree w/ the other posters. If you don't HAVE to get rid of them, then don't! Most of us have regretted selling off strollers prematurely, ESPECIALLY ones that are no longer made, expensive, hard to find, etc. If you really have to get rid of something, then ditch the Baby Trend Jogger. They are easy to replace, and not to $$$. They also take up a lot of room, whereas the Combi doesn't. Are there any others you are thinking of letting go?

Also, as for useage, it depends on how often you will be out alone w/ both, and how much your DD wants to ride. I found that when my DS was born, I always always always used doubles! But now that DD is older, I am back to using singles again, mostly. Boo-hoo.