PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a MBUS only, or a cheaper jogger and a Pliko P3?

westgre
04-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Here's my dilemma: I'm graduating in August and I'm not sure where we'll end up. We'll either end up at the beach or in the mountains -- either way we'll need a jogger for outdoor use. But, this will most likely be occasional -- meaning once a week at most for a leisurely walk on the beach or on a trail. We will likely use the stroller more for errands and occasional mall walking. I don't like the feel of the ultra light weights, so those are out. The most important feature for me for my mall stroller is maneuverability and width. I'm currently using the Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier and am happy with the way it turns corners and the width. I'm worried that I won't be happy with the MBUS at mall areas and for that much money -- I want to be happy with it everywhere. So, what are your thoughts? Should I buy just the MBUS for use everywhere or should I buy a combination of a cheaper jogger and a more typical stroller (I am looking at the P3 and the Zippy)? If the latter, which cheaper joggers would you recommend for occasional beach or trail use? There aren't any good stores around here, so it's virtually impossible for me to see these strollers IRL.

ginalc
04-07-2003, 02:11 PM
For my 2 year old, I have 4 strollers. I use the Pliko the most. I have an Instep 10K jogger that has come in handy for outdoor walks on gravel, hill terrains, etc. but I found that I really preferred to carry (front or back carrier) my little one over rocky terrain until she was at least one year old. I don't think joggers provide very good support for babies on uneven ground, regardless of the brand. On smoother ground, joggers are fine from the age recommended by the manufacturer.

If I were you, stick with what you can't live without for right now. (The P3?) But that will depend on the age of your child. Joggers are terrific but they don't fold up as nicely as smaller, umbrella style/compact strollers.

A cheaper jogger will probably meet your needs just fine. I would suggest that you spend more on the stroller you will use the most!

And like any good relationship, if you don't LOVE it, LEAVE it!!! Your passion for the stroller will never grow with time. I guarantee it.