PDA

View Full Version : To all MBUrban or Terrain double owners...I think I am going to go with the MBU, however, could one of you measure the seats width for me?

hunter2000
04-08-2003, 09:25 AM
I've got a BIG 3 year old and want to make sure he'll fit. There is not any retailers around me that carry the MBU and I will be buying this site unseen (yikes!). Considering this Board is abuzz with how great the MB's are, I am going to have to trust that it's as great as everyone says it is. Also, how big is the storage basket underneath?

Thanks for the help!

Hunter 4/26/00
# 2 ? EDD 9/29/03

PS. Who's got the cheapest price/best customer service?

KCR4
04-08-2003, 11:42 AM
I am also due with baby #2 and looking seriously at the MB urban double. I have had great information/customer service over the phone with Baby Outfitters in Maryland - a two-mom shop carrying high end baby gear. The website is www.banjobaby.com
I haven't ordered from them so far, but if I do, I'll buy it from them. I heard about them from this board.

gravymommy3
04-08-2003, 11:48 AM
I wish I could run out to the car and measure the seats for you, but I just cannot right now. That being said, I have a 5 yo who is 49 lbs and 45.5 inches tall (as of her ped. appt last week) and she fits just fine width wise in the seat. She also is ok lenght wise, but her knees are bent, but she loves riding in the buggy. Matter of fact, she is a whinosaurs when she does not get to ride in it.

I would suggest that you contact Michelle or Kit at BabyOutfitters (1-866-715-BABY) and they can give you any spec. you could ever want on this thing. I bought mine sight unseen from them and have been totally happy with the product and the service. They are very easy to work with. By the way, I absolutely love my buggy. One of the very best purchases I have ever made!

pamela mom of 3
04-08-2003, 12:47 PM
They are 12IN wide. The baskets on the urban are two deep canvas, mesh types with pockets, the terrain is one large shallow wire basket.

My 4 & 7 yo fit fine in my double urban...

HTH
:)

ginalc
04-08-2003, 03:26 PM
For the Mountain Buggy Urban Double, here is what I measure:
1. There are two individual baskets, 9 x 13 inches, 8.5 inches deep

2. 12 inch seat width

3. The back of the baskets have 2 sewn mesh pockets that will hold 1 can of pop each. I don't think they are made to hold drinks though. I ordered something different for mine:

https://secure11.websitecomplete.com/banjo/shop/showProd.asp?prod=1920

4. There is a CarSeat Clip for single MB strollers:

https://secure11.websitecomplete.com/banjo/shop/showProd.asp?prod=2094

Mountain Buggy Carseat Clip
The infant car seat clip fits the single buggies; a different clip is required for each of the s. Currently, the only ones that fit are the Century Smart Fit and Vante. By the summer 2003 they hope to release a universal adapter which will fit the Graco, Evenflo, and others.

I lost an entire month of my life to this double stroller issue. I bought 4 strollers and decided on the MBUD because I wanted room for growth. I just returned from a 1 hour walk outside in 30 degree weather, and used the rain cover and sunshield. My 4 mo. old slept the whole time, my 2 yr. old walked for 30 min. and rode the rest of the time. I finally have a stroller that meets all my requirements and steers like a dream!

Hope your decision is easier than mine!

gina, mom of 3

hunter2000
04-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Thanks to all of you who responded with information. I really appreciate it. It seems everyone likes this banjobaby company and orders their MB's from them. Any particular reason why no one mentions going through the manufacturer on it's own website? Is it the cost of shipping from out of the country perhaps?

hardysmom
04-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Actually, Alan from the US distributor, Sycamore Kids, (www.mountainbuggyusa.com) is WONDERFUL. He offers fantasitc service online. I think people who can buy locally prefer (certainly reasonable!) to do that and others find a good deal from time-to-time elsewhere.

I ended up buying a different stroller, but he spent a great deal of time personally answering several super-picky questions. I would buy from him in a heartbeat.

So far as the trade in programs go-- I don't believe you have to purchase from a particular dealer to use them. Also, the value holds up so well that if you were to sell, you might get more $$ than as a trade. The dealer will need to make some money on the re-sale. My thought is that if you don't live near a dealer with a trade-in program and will therefore have to ship the stroller somewhere, you might as well sell it on SWAP or ebay and get as much money as possible. Trading-in just eliminates the hassle factor of shipping/selling.

Stephanie