PDA

View Full Version : snapping? on KK Adj. Fleece Pouch

posterelle
04-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Was about to order a Kangaroo Korner Adg. Fleece Pouches, but got confused @ "left snapping" & "right snapping" -- what does this mean? Can you shift from left to right? And what are "unsnapped" pouches?

Calmegja
04-09-2003, 08:12 AM
Left or right means that you get the pouch made to sit on that shoulder. I'm right handed, I naturally put my baby on my left hip (it's how I'm most comfortable), so my pouches are snapped right.

Unsnapped means that Tanya hasn't put the snaps on them yet, so you can decided which shoulder. Some of her instock pouches have already been snapped one way or the other. Unnapped just means they're waiting....

You can reverse them for a different shoulder, it just won't look as tailored, but functionwise, it works just fine.

I've never felt the need to reverse mine, though. It's so comfy the way I've got it, I just leave it! ;-)

Hope that helps....

ginalc
04-09-2003, 08:21 AM
First, decide which side of your body you prefer to carry baby. For me, it is the right side, or on my right hip. My carrier is then mostly worn over my left shoulder, and snapped this way.

The pouch can be worn over either shoulder. Just like a knit sweater, there is an "inside" and "outside" (purl/knit). The pouch is snapped so that the snaps lie smooth and flat on the "preferred shoulder" side. Any extra material is hidden away between the pouch and your body. (extra cushion!)

When worn on the opposite shoulder, the material can be seen and is no longer hidden. They can be worn either way, and I haven't noticed a difference in performance or feel. The pouch simply lies flatter when worn over the chosen shoulder.

To use the pouch as a carrier, the snaps are used to adjust the length so that you can choose how close you want to hold baby. There are 3 levels of snaps that come with the carrier, unless you choose additional levels. It's kind of like a belt. You want to tighten the belt? Take it up a notch! I leave my pouch on the center level and find that the material stretches and snuggles both my 2.5 yr old and my 4 mo. old.

HTH

gina