PDA

View Full Version : Combi Savona

mom on the go
04-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Has anyone seen the new Combi Savona in person? I saw it online and think that it looks really perfect. Just wondering.

Mom on the go!

RaspberryGummy
06-13-2003, 01:27 PM
I just bought the Savona about 1 hour ago! Saw it in person and it is really nice. Very similar to the US, but lots cheaper too.

We were deciding between the Peg Aria and Combi Savona and ultimately chose the Savona.

nola
06-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Yes! I saw it last weekend. It is very nice. I came *this* close to buying it, because it was the right price and had all of the right features that I was looking for. It has a really nice basket, very lightweight, folds easily, car seat attachment, hood can be lowered down to the handle bars (though I don't know that it was designed for that, but it can be done), parent cup holder, and I am sure the list goes on. I saw it side by side with the US. The only difference that I could see was that the US folded like an outdoor lounge chair and then folded in half and hooked closed, leaving a cute little strap to sling over your shoulder. The Savona just folded flat like the outdoor chairs. The Savona brought other things to the table such as the large accessible basket, adjustable hande bars, and kiddie tray. For me the Savona was better than the US, but it could go the other way for other types. I think it is perfect for someone with my profile: drives in big car all the time(lightweight so it can be lifted above tailgate, but super-small is not a big deal), easy fold (for the quick trips, errands, etc), big basket (we are in the mall now), adjustable handle (hubby 6'1), and nice sunshade (how does anybody live without that).

The only thing I regretted about the Savona PM is that it did not have the types of colors that I wanted. My tastes are inexplicable to even me, and I really put a large weight on asthetic qualities since I figure I will be pushing it around in public for several years. I really love the Soho colors, though. The Savona TS should be released in the beautiful colors of the Soho, and my understanding is that it can be purchased like any other stroller. It sounds like it will not accept all car seats, but other than that it is identical to the Savona PM. If anyone else has more info on this, please write in. I am just trying to patch it together based on my limited info.
So the only thing that stopped me from walking out of the store with the floor model (they did not have them stocked), was that I was emotionally bonded with the simplicity of the zippy. I was hugging the navy blue model with the fabric that I kept touching because it had such a lovely texture that made me think of rich hotel lobby upholstery. Or at least what the hotel lobby furniture should be.

Anyway, I was in such a quandry until we ran into a nice couple the next day, pushing my true love of all strollers, the *bugaboo*. They were gracious enough to show it to my husband, even letting him push it with their child inside, and humoring us as we drooled over the lovely buggy. The Zippy, as intoxicating as it was, quickly fell out of favor, and the Savona, though it is practical, operational, and the right price, was completely forgotten. The frog is on the way.