PDA

View Full Version : How is P3 different than traditional Pliko?

kristine_elen
04-12-2003, 09:02 AM
I've been reading about the P3 at online retail sites but don't see what's different about them. I heard they are easier to steer one-handed than regular Plikos. Anyone know? (Haven't seen one in real life.)
Thanks!
-Kristine

Tondi G
04-12-2003, 12:20 PM
I have heard they made the steering better one handed , not a MAC but better! The wheels are a bit larger like a Zippy. If you look at a pic you can see where the rear legs/supports curve forward which I would think might help make it less likely that you would kick the wheels? I've heard they made the rear brakes larger too..... I don't have a problem with my plikos current brakes but who knows!

Overall it looks like a nice stroller.... we love our 2001 Pliko so it could only get better!!!!!

Good Luck.... I know ther are some folks who have already gotten a chance to try this one out so I bet they have some more to add!

~Tondi and Mason

pamela mom of 3
04-12-2003, 08:41 PM
The steering has improved because of the turned in, angle-shaped handle, possibly the frame curve helps also?.. i agree no maclaren but certainly more workable especially if you have two kids on board.

The front child tray is designed differently than the past years..has a middle cup holder with 'grips' somewhat like found on some cars cupholders.

The child rear steps are a different shape they offer more depth, the fold is different somewhat..different levers on the handles..

Their are a few other things but the major one is the handles which aid in steering really the only down to the older frame style.

The italy perego site has a few more pictures
http://www.pegperego.com

I own a regular pliko now and i like the updates..i think basically they have just smoothed out some rough edges that were on the past years without getting rid of the good parts...

Ok found the list on the updates from perego....

New features of the 2003 Pliko P3.

* New Armrests
* New Opening/Closing Mechanism
* New ergonomic adjustable handles
* New upholstery and hood
* New front childs tray
* New larger wheels
* New larger basket

:)

kristine_elen
04-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Thanks, you guys. Sounds like you both like the Macs, too. It's so hard to figure out what to buy. I want to make sure I get something that won't leave me stranded three miles from my house when a wheel falls off in the middle of a walk.

pamela mom of 3
04-14-2003, 12:20 PM
LOL well i think your pretty safe either way..perego or maclaren for wheels falling off that is!

I actually just picked up a P3 over the weekend...couldn't help myself :+

It is much better, way easier to steer with 2 kiddo's on it!...the peek window is also bigger btw..carry handle is more like an aria..brakes are bigger too..the latch i mean.

Anyhow happy hunting ;)