PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need to clean a grease stain out of my MBUD!

lukkykatt
04-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Ok, DH and I are now not speaking because I totally freaked out when I saw a grease stain on my 3 month old MB! He had it lying on its side in the garage...

I haven't yet touched it because I was too afraid of making it worse. Can anyone save my marriage AND my stroller with ideas on getting this stain out? I was thinking maybe Fantastik or OxiClean???

TIA!

erzzie
04-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Well, I have tried using Oxiclean to get grease out of a maternity shirt and it didn't work at all. So I wouldn't recommend that one... I received a book called "Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean", and for grease, it recommends using WD-40 lubricant.

"We've all had those nasty grease stains and oil stains on clothes: salad dressing misses the salad and gets the blouse, or grease splatters when you are cooking--or crayon/lipstick/Chap Stick gets on your clothes! WD-40 is your answer. Spray some on, wait 10 minutes, then workin undiluted liquid dishwashing soap and launder as usual. Works well on everything except silk!"

She also recommends Go-Jo Waterless Hand Cleaner for removing grease and oil.

I haven't tried either of those yet, though I'm about to use the WD-40 on the shirt since I have it in the house. Hope one of those work for you!

Calmegja
04-13-2003, 01:22 PM
The above suggestions are great. I would not use Oxiclean...it's a peroxide bleach, and it could weaken the fabric of the sling seat, or discolor it...

My Dh owns a chain of carwashes and oil changes, so laundry and grease are my life ;-0.....I highly suggest Simple Green in addition to the above suggestions. It is my first line of defense, and usually works quite well. just dilute it, make a spray solution and spray the spot. Let it sit, and then flush the spot with water.

It's my trick for my types of grease. My big guns are the ones from the Queen of Clean book, and occasionally, the household cleaner, Lestoil, but I don't like how that smells.

Another trick is to put baby powder on the spot for a litle while, then brush it off, and see what you've got, before you do heavy duty stain removal...

egoldber
04-13-2003, 02:46 PM
With grease and oil stains, I have always had the best luck using dishwashing detergent (like Dawn). Just make sure to rinse really thoroughly.

HTH,

pamela mom of 3
04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Hmm must be a week for grease on MB's..i got some on my terrain hood..i just used normal dish soap, it's gentle & Non-Toxic..

Maybe speak with MB before you jump to anything harsh? :+

hunter2000
04-15-2003, 08:23 AM
If I were you and had spent so much on your beloved MB, I would definately contact the manufacturer for advice on this. Every time I have e-mailed them a question, they are pretty quick to respond. Good luck!

Mom to hunter 4/26/00
# 2 EDD 9/29/03