PDA

View Full Version : Use your Bugaboo with a large toddler?

partyof5
04-14-2003, 02:23 PM
I've got stroller envy and now I want to exchange my MBUS for a Bugaboo. I love the red color, the carrycot that goes with it and it's versatility.:-)

Here's my dilemma. I want to be able to use a single stroller for the oldest of my 3 children. However, I don't think my 3 yr old DD who is 38lbs and tall for her age will fit in the Bugaboo. We are purchasing a MBUD for when DH & I are out with all 3 of our kids so technically she could ride in that with either her younger brother (2 wks old) or sister (18 months old) but I would have liked her to be able to ride in a single stroller for when it's just her and I, KWIM? So far I've seen reviews of the stroller from people with children < 2 yrs old. Has anyone used their Bugaboo with a large toddler? Did the child like the ride? Did they still fit in the seat? What about the canopy? Was it still useful? Deep down I think I should just keep the MBUS and get the carry cot that goes with it. But I can't help wanting a Bugaboo!

Thanks for all your help!

cnoble
04-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi Cindy!

I just ordered a Bugaboo this weekend (in red) and cannot wait to get it - such a wonderful, versatile stroller, and the carry cot is FABULOUS!

I am expecting my first child in July, so I can't answer your question about your toddler, but I would suggest you call Kit at Baby Outfitters. She knows the stroller better than the back of her hand, and she'll be very honest with you about the size/weight issue. She also carries the MBUS so she's equally familiar with that stroller and could recommend which would be best for your needs. (Kit & Michelle are great to deal with! They're just 2 moms selling the products they love and believe in).

Kit can be reached at 443-756-6309.

Hope this helps!

Christy

uccomama
04-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Yes! I have a three year old who still rides in the Bugaboo sometimes. He is a stringbean though at around 27 or 28 lbs and about 40 or 41 inches. His head clears the top of the canopy when fully extended, but it looks way too low when it is pulled back. The seat is getting a little short for him lengthwise, but not so much that he is really cramped or that his knees are up by his ears or anything. The seat is plenty wide enough.

HTH

Deborah