PDA

View Full Version : COACH HAMPTONS WEEKEND bag

mae2jul
04-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Does anyone use this Coach bag (the medium weekend tote) as their diaper bag? Do you like it? Is it heavy like the others from Coach?
BTW- what color do you have?
Any advice would be helpful-Thanks!
Danielle

Marisa6826
04-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Not sure if it's the same one I have...I have the "transatlantic" one in black canvas.

Love it and hate it....

Love that it doesn't look like a baby bag at all and I will definitely be able to use it later on

Love that milk wipes right off of it

Love that there's plenty of room in it

HATE how heavy it is - even empty

Hate that the straps are just short enough that it doesn't stay on your shoulder

My suggestion is that if you really like it - get it for big trips and get a second, smaller bag to take on trips where you know you probably won't need everything you usually take with (like maybe one diaper and a bottle) if you're just going for a walk.

BTW - Got mine for half the price (brand new with tags) on Ebay...

I get around having to carry it everywhere by using stroller hooks for it.

-m

mae2jul
04-15-2003, 06:11 PM
This is the one I want- in black/red.
http://www.coach.com/shop/product_nobefree.asp?product_no=5144&category_id=68&show_bc=1&base_index=0&sort_by_price=

I did notice in the store that the straps seemed short.

Thanks!
Danielle

JustMare
04-15-2003, 09:22 PM
I just saw a woman on the subway this afternoon with this bag. It's a hand held tote. Like the Belly Basics Mommy Bag only much larger and nicer. I guess it would work nicely as a diaper bag, I'm not sure what the inside compartments are like. As long as you realize you can not throw it over your shoulder. If that doesn't bother you, your'll love it.

HTH