PDA

View Full Version : Question about pepeny shade

allange
04-16-2003, 09:19 PM
My toddler has a hard time falling asleep in a stroller. She is used to sleeping in a completely dark room and needs a dark environment to sleep.

Do you think the pepeny can be pulled down to cover a substantial portion of the front of the stroller? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

TIA
Angela

KathyO
04-16-2003, 09:44 PM
I don't know much about the pepeny (apart from the fact that they look really cool), but if it doesn't do what you need, you could try this one from Kiddapotamus: http://www.kiddopotamus.com/prod_bssc.html

It has fine mesh screen windows, and the solid white covers can be snapped over them.

HTH,

KathyO

egoldber
04-16-2003, 10:08 PM
Well my toddler does NOT sleep in a completely dark room and she still has a hard time sleeping in a stroller. I think when they are older, the world is just too stimulating and distracting for them. My DD has to be EXHAUSTED before she will fall asleep in her stroller anymore. For what it's worth, she used to sleep terrifically in her stroller, but that stopped after she was about 12-14 months. So you can try a shade, but I wouldn't pin my hopes on it!

Good luck!

hardysmom
04-16-2003, 11:01 PM
I have to agree with everyone...

My DS was a HUGE stropller napper, but stopped around 12 mo. Now he has to be very, very exhausted before he MIGHT (maybe) nod off.

I have a Pepeny, it is great and will darken the stroller, but if your child doesn't want her view limited and is fussy, it might make her fussier. Who knows? May be worth a try. I have used mine on my Mac Vogue and my Zippy. It works better on the Zippy hood w/o the rain shield.

Stephanie

allange
04-17-2003, 02:17 AM
Thanks for your responses! Now I know it is normal for toddlers to be unable to sleep in the stroller. I have a really good mom friend and her daughter sleeps in her stroller all the time so I thought my daughter was unusual.

Angela